Wikileaks Dump Shows CIA Was Hacking iPhones

second sight

We have officially entered the "Age of Deception"
@Silver
Reaction score
A new Wikileaks release called DarkMatter was released today, affirming that the Central Intelligence Agency has long targeted Apple Macs, creating malware designed to evade the tech giant's security mechanisms. The leak also revealed the CIA had been targeting the iPhone since 2008, a year after the landmark device was released.

That slice of info was included in a small dump of information Wednesday, that included manuals for a handful of implants and rootkits - malware that can hide at the lowest level of Apple systems, the kernel and the firmware of the device.

One of CIA's implants was called NightSkies, a manual for which noted there was a version for iPhone, then appearing to list the year 2008, though Wikileaks claimed the tool was operational in 2007, the year of launch. "NightSkies 1.1 exists for the iPhone," a CIA manual read, in a document entitled DarkSeaSkies that dated back to 2009. "Currently, NightSkies does not have stealth and persistence capabilities."

In a document describing the NightSkies malware for an iPhone 3G running iOS 2.1, released in 2008, the CIA wrote that it effectively granted the agency full control over an infected device: "The tool operates in the background providing upload, download and execution capability on the device. NS is installed via physical access to the device and will wait for user activity before beaconing. When user activity is detected, NS will attempt to beacon to a preconfigured LP [listening post] to retrieve tasking, execute the instructions, and reply with the responses in one session."

And in detailing how a combination of tools including NightSkies would work on a Mac, the CIA wrote that it would act as "a beacon/implant that runs in the background of a MacBook Air that provides us with command and control capabilities. The implant will beacon periodically." Essentially, once the MacBook Air had been compromised following a physical installation, the CIA could access it whenever, and it would beacon out looking to be controlled by snoops within the agency.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomas...ks-cia-apple-mac-iphone-hacking/#22c712f51e3b

I didn't need more reason not to use Apple products.

Samsung and Apple are compromised.

Time to go back to the old Motorola Razor.

Won't be long before luddism is the hip thing.

coconut_phone_image.jpg

Wait for the self driving cars to really take over. Insurance will price most people out of human driving. It's coming.

I think most are failing to see this inevitability. People also seem to forget driving is a privilege that will lose out to safety and costs.

Samsung and Apple are compromised.

Time to go back to the old Motorola Razor.
This was 9 years ago. Apple phones didn't even encrypt communicated data back then. Nobody did but Blackberry. That changed post-Fappening.

This "dump" isn't really telling us anything we didn't already know with the Amazon backdoors (which are current, and more troubling).

Last edited:
I want to be outraged, but I already knew this. How could you not?

I understand the privacy issue, but really, if you're not doing anything illegal, what do you have to worry about? The CIA won't be uploading your sex vids to the net. You're 1 of a billion people using this shit. Are you really concerned that your conversations with Jeff, or Mike, or Sarah will be monitored?

ive always just assumed they could

i doubt anything on iphone is secure, its made by shady chinese companies, who knows if its designed to be compromised

thats why you have your "normie" phone and a complex system of burners for any other shadiness. its like you guys learned nothing from the wire

lester.gif~c200

If they still require physical access to the devices, that actually means they are less capable than I'd assumed.

Russialeak dumps have gotten so boring now. Let us know when you have something good to dump Comrade Assange like UFO records or something.

If they still require physical access to the devices, that's actually means they are less capable than I'd assumed.
is that just for the mac book air they bugged or is it the same with iPhones

I thought they just had to have access to the computer?

Are you really concerned that your conversations with Jeff, or Mike, or Sarah will be monitored?

Monitored? No. Recorded, stored, and available for access whenever by whoever? Maybe. That someone important might have their privacy compromised for blackmail? Yes.

Mostly though I'm just concerned with everyone's rights, because if someone else doesn't have 'em then I don't have 'em. Only fools relinquish rights.

Monitored? No. Recorded, stored, and available for access whenever by whoever? Maybe. That someone important might have their privacy compromised for blackmail? Yes.

Mostly though I'm just concerned with everyone's rights, because if someone else doesn't have 'em then I don't have 'em. Only fools relinquish rights.
NSA already does that but going into your devices remotely is another level

I don't know. It just seems like naivety to me. You knew they had these powers. Shit, I know people with far less jurisdiction to have similar powers, and I'm supposed to expect the fucking government not to have 100x of what some fuckin' dude can do? That's just naive.

What rights are you really relinquishing? What does it really matter?

Back