Why would Mike Jackson NOT fight CM if he beats Mickey Gall???

I agree with the post but can't see why you'd want more fighters joining a promotion that recently had Ken Shamrock come out of retirement to fight Kimbo Slice and will soon be having Ken fight a 60yr old Royce Gracie while giving far more coverage/promotion to these type of fights than genuine MMA fights and fucking champions.

lol, Agree with you on the Shamrock Vs. Kimbo match-up, never should have happened.

I also think if Bellator was going to make Royce Vs. Shamrock they should have had it as a "Co-Main" Legends match that would have preceded the Main Event .

The fights kinda cool for the nostalgia effect but these guys are fossils and shouldn't be fighting really.

I'm a bit torn if I want to see Bellator rise to the level of the UFC and be considered an equal alternative.

Viacom owns Bellator, imo I don't agree with Viacom and their content they distribute to the American Audience so I'm not sure I want to see Bellator become as big as the UFC knowing that Viacom would have a major role / control of the MMA scene.

But on the other hand, I love what Bellator / Scott Coker is doing with their product, they are giving fans the Pride atmosphere, fights the fans want, and fighters are allowed to show their own personality and creativity with their Walkouts and Sponsors.

The more fighters that go to Bellator will force the UFC to make changes, if they do not, then Bellator will rise to prominence.

Competition always brings out the best in both parties, this will be great for fans as each organization will be going all out to get fans/viewers on their side.

I'd almost compare the current state of MMA as the infant stages of the WCW Vs. WWF Ratings Wars we saw in the mid-90's.

Fans would tune in every week flipping channels seeing what WWF (UFC) fighter would jump ship to WCW (Bellator) .....

For now ...the rise of Bellator is fantastic for both the fighters and fans....

Shamone! Hee hee! Ja got ta! Hoo! C.M. Punk are you OK?

Because Gall or whatever is probably already signed to fight Punk win or lose. All these "looking a fight" shows are obviously contrived.

Because they know exactly how good Mickey Gall is, but can't say the same about Jackson.

Cause his name is mike jackson

if you watch Jackson's mma fighting interview he actually says he was told he'd get to fight Punk when it was time to sign his contract. He said it wasn't until after they had him signed that he saw on twitter that they said he wouldn't get the fight.

Back