Why Not Just Give Credit To The Winner?

Reign009

Not sure if serious.
Reaction score
I haven't been on Sherdog for awhile but it's still the same familiar place.

What Stipe did tonight, it's not like anyone can just do that to Francis. It takes someone SKILLED enough to be able to pull that off.

I don't even remember seeing Francis in trouble before tonight and early on in the first round, there were so many close calls for Stipe. Stipe had to be perfect early on because one mistake, and Francis would make him pay dearly like he does to everyone else.

So above all else, we should just recognize Stipe as a bad mofo. In fact, he's now the most consecutively defending HW champion in UFC history and has done it against great fighters.

Francis likely knocks out almost any other heavyweight. Few of them have the proficiency in both stand-up and wrestling that Stipe does. Miocic is unbelievably underrated.

Thank you! All the shit talking after fights is one of my biggest Sherdog pet peeves.

Someone loses and they were always overrated. No credit to the winner.

Keyboard warriors gonna keyboard warrior.

I'm happy for stipe but way happier that zuluzinho, woops, I mean ngannou fanboys are licking their wounds right now.

What Stipe did tonight, it's not like anyone can just do that to Francis. It takes someone SKILLED enough to be able to pull that off.

I don't even remember seeing Francis in trouble before tonight and early on in the first round, there were so many close calls for Stipe. Stipe had to be perfect early on because one mistake, and Francis would make him pay dearly like he does to everyone else.

So above all else, we should just recognize Stipe as a bad mofo. In fact, he's now the most consecutively defending HW champion in UFC history and has done it against great fighters.
dhMeAzK.gif

giphy.gif

Hilarious to come on here afte the fight and see so many people shitting on Stipe. People stay shitting on Stipe lol it’ll never end.

It’s all good. Stipe doesn’t mind it. No other HW on the planet can control Francis on the ground like that. Don’t say Cain either. Let him make it to the cage first before we assume he can do what Stipe did tonight. Great performance by Stipe tonight.

“Andddd STILL!”
Stipe is the man.

Kudos to Francis. Dude showed heart. Respect. He’ll learn from this.

Last edited:
The better man won. Plain and simple.

Yeah, it is indeed goddamn irritating, but unfortunately par for the course here.

Francis quickly KOs everyone with ease: "NEW BREED! BEST EVER! STIPE IS DEAD!"
Stipe gets shit done: "THAT'S NOTHING, HE GASSED, LOL! EASY OPPONENT!"

Might that have something to do with Stipe's fighting ability to make it through the times where Ngannou is very dangerous and then going on from there, or is that really too outlandish a thought?

I remember Francis being in trouble when he lost the first time.

Dude was hype

Stipe fought a great fight and is a great champion. I'm not sure if you're missing that many people hold that opinion. And Stipe faced some trouble even after the first against completely gassed Ngannou. He managed those situations well, his gameplan was excellent for multiple situations.

its the same with mcgregor. when these type of fighters arent able to knock the opponent out in the first 2 minutes they get out grinded.

First round was a war that affected the rest of the fight. Many think what they wanted to see is more significant than what actually happened. They'd be hospitalized if they took a first-round punch from these fighters.

Back