Why Khamzat Chimaev finishes Whittaker in the 1st round 75% and 2 round 95%

Whittaker dummies Khamzat, that's why Khamzat wants to be bestfriends instead. "i don't want to fight that guy"

Couldn't even convincingly beat a 5'9 former lightweight.... no coincidence that also happens to be the only elite fighter he's ever faced.

stwphwn Thompson knocked Whitaker out at ww and rob was 12 and 4 at ww.
Whitaker won’t be able to handle mw.
If he’s getting kod by wonderboy how would he deal with strong mw.

Robert Whittaker is a great fighter and his strengths come from being strong, explosive Middleweight and he has decent amount of power in his hands tho not the most technical guy he has been out-manuvered by Izzy without exiting 1st gear..

Whittaker can stuff and shout down someone who is using pure brute force but he can't shout down someone who is extremely technical and skilled.

Khamzat is just way to technically good to get stuffed by Whittaker and despite Whittaker being strong Chimaev is stronger imo but it is the combo of the technical aspect that would be the huge gap.

Whittaker doesn't like to get also pressured and that is why Izzy KO'ed him and what Khamzat does is nothing but extreme pressure. Even in the striking department Khamzat has slight stylistic edge that most don't realize.

But I see it differently tho? I mean how it will unfold! I think there will be several scrambles and in one of these Khamzat strangles whittaker in the 1st round with 75% chance it being the likely outcome..

As good as Whittaker is but there is levels to this in my honest opinion and Khamzat is the way more technical and skilled fighter..

I’m just not sure where the “doesn’t like pressure” part comes from. Izzy and Romero are the only middleweights to give him trouble and neither is a high pressure guy. Izzy is a sniper counter striker and Romero is all about taking his time and then exploding. Vettori is a pressure fighter and look how that turned out.

Khamzat is unique, he’s a super aggressive grappler who stays on the front foot. We haven’t seen Whittaker face a guy like that. Sure, maybe Khamzat’s wrestling will be too much, but we have no precedent to assume that. 75% probability of a first round finish is completely ludicrous.

Cumzhat would probably keep it standing kinda like the Burns fight

stwphwn Thompson knocked Whitaker out at ww and rob was 12 and 4 at ww.
Whitaker won’t be able to handle mw.
If he’s getting kod by wonderboy how would he deal with strong mw.

How someone fares against Wonderboy tells you virtually nothing about how they’ll fare against other fighters, least of all a super aggressive grappler since WB is the opposite of that.

Maybe that Whittaker gets caught thinking about the relentless takedowns? Dunno

NegligibleDirectBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

You’re crazy if you think Bobby would stand in the center with his hands down anticipating a TD. Zat couldn’t even keep Gilbert down at WW. Bobby’s TDD % is almost double Gilbert’s and he’s a bigger, better defensive wrestler. Since when has the takedown been Bobby’s kryptonite? Bobby picks Zat apart and drops him several times in a 3 rounder. If it’s 5, Zat will drown in the deep water; late finish by Bobby. They’re chummy now, though, so I doubt Zat wants this fight. It wouldn’t do much for Bobby, either.

First of all Yoel is not a wrestler heavy fighter and stopped wrestling besides he uses force to get Takedowns that is the difference and you didn't get my drift on the up and also Khamzat didn't use grappling against Burns again apples and oranges.

I am telling you right now Whittaker won't be able to stuff Khamzat he is way to technical and doesn't need brute force to get him down..

False.

Khamzat did try wrestling Burns but either got stuffed, or Burns got back up. Zat went 2/3 and achieved less than one minute of control time. Burns stifled his grappling. Granted, Burns is a high level BJJ player, but we’ve seen these Russians/chechens/dagis cut through BJJ guards like nothing. Either Burns is just that good, or Khamzat’s wrestling isn’t all you’re making it out to be when he’s fighting the top guys. Whitaker is bigger and has better defensive wrestling than Burns.

So is Chimaev even looking for this super easy fight?? Not sure if the whole "no one wants the fight" applies to Whittaker here.

Robert Whittaker is a great fighter and his strengths come from being strong, explosive Middleweight and he has decent amount of power in his hands tho not the most technical guy he has been out-manuvered by Izzy without exiting 1st gear..

Whittaker can stuff and shout down someone who is using pure brute force but he can't shout down someone who is extremely technical and skilled.

Khamzat is just way to technically good to get stuffed by Whittaker and despite Whittaker being strong Chimaev is stronger imo but it is the combo of the technical aspect that would be the huge gap.

Whittaker doesn't like to get also pressured and that is why Izzy KO'ed him and what Khamzat does is nothing but extreme pressure. Even in the striking department Khamzat has slight stylistic edge that most don't realize.

But I see it differently tho? I mean how it will unfold! I think there will be several scrambles and in one of these Khamzat strangles whittaker in the 1st round with 75% chance it being the likely outcome..

As good as Whittaker is but there is levels to this in my honest opinion and Khamzat is the way more technical and skilled fighter..

Totally not. Khamzat does have the best shot in the UFC but he has questionable stamina. He is not holding Witaker down IMO. And he is reckless in his striking and gets clipped. I have Whitthaker a -250 favorite.

False.

Khamzat did try wrestling Burns but either got stuffed, or Burns got back up. Zat went 2/3 and achieved less than one minute of control time. Burns stifled his grappling. Granted, Burns is a high level BJJ player, but we’ve seen these Russians/chechens/dagis cut through BJJ guards like nothing. Either Burns is just that good, or Khamzat’s wrestling isn’t all you’re making it out to be when he’s fighting the top guys. Whitaker is bigger and has better defensive wrestling than Burns.
That is the biggest mistery to me, how Khamzat gave up wrestling on Giblert that early. I think he identified that Burns was very strong on the ground and that he was going to gas himself in the grappling exchange.

Then remember the wrestling match against Hermanson. He ragdolled him 10-0 but was gassed after the first round.

Also see how he went balls to the wall against Kevin. He went all in.

I have to come back to my biggest fear regarding Khamzat: while being the best wrestler in the UFC in R1, he lacks stamina and cardio to effectively wrestle more than 1 round.

and... I’m in
I’m actually not being random.
Its from one of vid rob was with a few guys in a car, and said “if this fight stuff doesnt work out, i’ll just go bk to what i originally excelled at”
Guys asks: oh yeah? Whats that
Rob: chronic masturbation! Like 10 or even 20 times a day. Hours bruv

They all giggled but… rob had a dark aura saying that…

My subconscious might be paraphrasing but something along those lines

I’m actually not being random.
Its from one of vid rob was with a few guys in a car, and said “if this fight stuff doesnt work out, i’ll just go bk to what i originally excelled at”
Guys asks: oh yeah? Whats that
Rob: chronic masturbation! Like 10 or even 20 times a day. Hours bruv

They all giggled but… rob had a dark aura saying that…

My subconscious might be paraphrasing but something along those lines
@Benoitthegr8

nvm found it.

Khaz wouldxonly fight Whitaker if he no other choice. Whitaker negates the tds Inna striking war Bobby wins easily

Robert Whittaker is a great fighter and his strengths come from being strong, explosive Middleweight and he has decent amount of power in his hands tho not the most technical guy

Based on what exactly are you determining that Whittaker is "not the most technical guy" ?

He is pretty clearly one of the most well rounded and technically sound MWs.

I really don't think shouting would be a major factor in determining the outcome of this matchup.

Whittaker doesn't like to get also pressured

Uh... says who? Whittaker looked fantastic putting away Derek Brunson who was putting pretty extreme forward pressure on him.

His footwork, composure and counter strike selction and placement were on point.

and that is why Izzy KO'ed him

Incorrect. Izzy hit Rob with a counter left hook while ROB was pressuring forward.

Izzy is a counter striker. He really doesn't use a lot of forward pressure, and even when he is coming forward he tends to feint to try to draw out a strike he can counter.

When Rob adjusted in the rematch to avoid blitzing in and leaving himself open to counters the fight was very close.
and what Khamzat does is nothing but extreme pressure.
Since Gilbert Burns was able to get Khamzat tired and stop his forward pressure I see no reason why Rob couldnt do the same, especially in a 5 round fight.

Even in the striking department Khamzat has slight stylistic edge that most don't realize.
based on what?

Rob has demonstrated he can strike with top 5 MWs. Khamzat has not. Khamzat hasn't faced an elite MW yet and he did not demonstrate much of a striking edge over Burns, a much smaller fighter who is strongest as a grappler.

Its 1 thing to favour Khamzat but when people start saying 75% chance he finishes Whittaker in rd 1, just LOL. Its not impossible but its disrespectful to the calibre of fighter Whittaker is, especially as quite a lot of people think Whittaker is the toughest stylistic fight for Khamzat at MW. MW top 10 is full of guys whom I think Khamzat takes down easily, but Whittaker is not a easy TD

why does tapping to strikes have a negative connotation? guys like GSP and Shogun have tapped to strikes.

It means the guy you got beat by doesn’t even have to power for you to say “oh he just caught me” or for the ref to even think they need to step in, he systematically broke you to the point of quitting.

Whittaker is the only guy who can beat Khamzat at MW & WW combined

I couldn’t even finish your post when you said lol whittaker doesn’t like to get pressured and that’s why Izzy kod him. Watch that first fight again you brainlet, whittaker leads the dance for them whole two fights lol. Ask Brunson how much whittaker hates getting pressured. Or Colton smith. Lmao, fucking brainlet doesn’t even know what he’s watching. Good luck in your job in statistics buddy

Back