Why it's called "Eskrima"...

GraciePie

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The marial art is called Eskrima because, when you get hit hard by one of those sticks, the pain makes you eskrima, real loud!:mad:

Only sissies fight with sticks

your a complete dickhead

Escrima is Spanish for fencing btw

Why is it okay to come on the Weapons forum and cockmouth the use of every conceivable kind of tool? I don't pthink eople would stand for that in other forums. You don't see me going in the S&P forum and saying, "Hey, you can barely move when you're all bee-stung like that, let alone fight." For future reference anyone who wants to post on the weapons forum "I don't like knives/sticks/handguns/belt-fed machine guns" need not bother. The fact of the matter is that (a)the use of tools is, in part, what has elevated man above animals and (b)superior weapons and tactics are what has made the American military the most effective fighting machine the world has ever known. You don't have to like it, you just can't intelligently deny its effectiveness.

Tristram Shandy said:
Why is it okay to come on the Weapons forum and cockmouth the use of every conceivable kind of tool? I don't pthink eople would stand for that in other forums. You don't see me going in the S&P forum and saying, "Hey, you can barely move when you're all bee-stung like that, let alone fight." For future reference anyone who wants to post on the weapons forum "I don't like knives/sticks/handguns/belt-fed machine guns" need not bother. The fact of the matter is that (a)the use of tools is, in part, what has elevated man above animals and (b)superior weapons and tactics are what has made the American military the most effective fighting machine the world has ever known. You don't have to like it, you just can't intelligently deny its effectiveness.

Oh dear!

I don't mean to hate, but that was a very poor rant.

Have you been drinking?

Tristram Shandy said:

LOL! I like how you threw that little bit about the U.S. Military in there.

pistachio22 said:
Oh dear!

Have you been drinking?

I try to keep it as brief as possible, fellas. I hate seeing three paragraph long posts and I assume that everyone else does, too. That being said the "I hate (insert weapon/tactic/martial arts style here)" is not a compelling argument by any definition. Furthermore, "that was a very poor rant" would, in my opinion, qualify as a very poor insult. What part of my argument do you take issue with? Where have I erred? Or are you one of the smartasses who prefers to snipe from the sidelines instead of offering an intelligent rebuttal?

Tristram Shandy said:
I try to keep it as brief as possible, fellas. I hate seeing three paragraph long posts and I assume that everyone else does, too. That being said the "I hate (insert weapon/tactic/martial arts style here)" is not a compelling argument by any definition. Furthermore, "that was a very poor rant" would, in my opinion, qualify as a very poor insult. What part of my argument do you take issue with? Where have I erred? Or are you one of the smartasses who prefers to snipe from the sidelines instead of offering an intelligent rebuttal?

He's been drinking that sissy juice...also known as Cream Of SumYungGuy...hahaha
That's wut you git for sounding like a smart guy...beoch.

Sissy name too, Tristram Shandy...

>>jonutarr> said:
your a complete dickhead

Escrima is Spanish for fencing btw

No, I'm NOT a complete dickhead... only a partial dickhead.
Babalu yer ass...

pistachio22 said:
Oh dear!

Have you been drinking?

I don't mean to hate but yer an idiot.

GraciePie said:

Not much danger of you falling into that trap, now is there Hair Pie?

Soulfly said:
Look at me! I'm smart too!

No. No. Not really.

TS is one of the most knowledgable posters on the weapons forum. He makes his living with the tools people talk about here. It understandably pisses him off when people come on the Weapons forum just to bag on weapons. Why? Because if you have a life and you're not interested in weapons you just don't go on the weapons forum. It's as simple as that.

On the other hand, Soulfly, you and PistachioSizedNuts both have Clint in your avatars and both have stupid quotes for signatures (how many armed men have you hunted, exactly,SF?), so as far as I'm concerned you're probably the same guy with two IDs who likes to back himself up in online fights on message boards.

And that's just pathetic.

I got a weapon, it's called a ban button.

Tommy Seoul said:
how many armed men have you hunted, exactly,SF?
Man, that phrase just hit me hard. You know, the movies just suspend the awareness of that- that that was Dirty Harry's job. He "hunted" "armed men."

Shit man, that ain't no fucking picnic.

I think guys who needs weapons to fight are either:
A) Soldiers
B) Pussies

But that doesn't mean I feel that knowing how to use them is dishonorable. It seems not enough in this forum understand that.

And I always hate all the coward-calling. I seriously bet less than 10% of the guys on this forum have been in a fight- of any kind- in the last year.

King Kabuki said:
Oh shit, and you used it! I didn't see that.

SNAP, BIATCH!!!!!~!~!

GraciePie said:
He's been drinking that sissy juice...also known as Cream Of SumYungGuy...hahaha

Sissy name too, Tristram Shandy...

oh no! he got you with a 'cream of sumyungguy' the invincible argument winner!

seriously i remember when that was funny .... back in 6th grade...
what a cunt

dissing you for sounding smart? saying you sound like a sissy?

i think someone is a little too insecure for the fight forums here!

King Kabuki said:

hahaha! oh shit that was good!
somebody should give this guy mod of the year for banning that scumbag and talking shit to him first!
that was funny!

Madmick said:
M

I think guys who needs weapons to fight are either:
A) Soldiers
B) Pussies

And I always hate all the coward-calling. I seriously bet less than 10% of the guys on this forum have been in a fight- of any kind- in the last year.

so what do you think of conecealed pistol carry(cwc)?
what is your opinion on someone else using a weapon on you? would you proceed to not use a weapon?
what would you do if you are assailed by more than one opponent and running is not an option?

now get real.

EDIT-
how many fights have you been in this year?

Back