Why isn't a fight turned into a DQ loss?

records shouldnt be used for punishment they should reflect the actual result.

I think the point here is that the current result isn't accurate. I don't see the difference between using a tire iron and using steroids. Jones didn't win the fight within the rules of the sport, and so he shouldn't be given credit for a win.

Losses changed over any positive test? Weed = loss? Some nose/throat spray that isn't performance enhancing but banned = loss.

Nope id rather see a NC by far.

Ok this I agree with. I glossed over the TS' question about it being a DQ loss. Yeah an NC sounds right to me.

Losses changed over any positive test? Weed = loss? Some nose/throat spray that isn't performance enhancing but banned = loss.

Nope id rather see a NC by far.

I understand your point, but I think it would be very easy to determine which drugs are indeed performance enhancing.

No, weed is not the same as steroids. Sure the waters may be muddied but it's easy to make a distinction.

I think it was a option they were considering. I don't really think a loss for a drug failure is good for sports integrity though. They didn't lose.

A No Contest is what it should be ruled and should be added to their record as such. That way if you are curious to see why they have NC on their record, you can see it was a drug failure. It shouldn't be a loss though.

I think the point here is that the current result isn't accurate. I don't see the difference between using a tire iron and using steroids. Jones didn't win the fight within the rules of the sport, and so he shouldn't be given credit for a win.
it should definitely be a NC, not a win. im sure it gets overturned right?

Back