Why Is Tony Being Given A Pass For Ducking Khabib?

It's not Tony's job though is it to fight contenders so that Conor can "legitimize" the belt whenever he feels and off of Tony's work in the division.

Khabib is just as bad, Tony had more than twice as many fights in the last 4 years, and now khabib wants to steal that credibility.

Tony is the only guy in the top 3 that actually fights, He put his win streak on the line too many times already for nothing, showed to fight khabib as well. In a sane world Tony is champ and Conor and khabib are begging to fight him, he's the only dude of the three who has actually done work in the division and never fucked around. He is the only fighter bringing more than just hype to this triangle.

Conor hasn't fought in the UFC for over a year. You don't have a point.

You think Tony is obligated to start training almost immediately after his last fight, even though Khabib is already scheduled? For no other reason than the UFC is desperate for a headliner that is decent? When is the last time a guy with a belt fought with that quick of a turn around? Jones against Machida?

Its not ducking to not take a short notice fight that would TAKE PLACE only two months after your last one, especially when you are the one with something to lose. Even if Conor isnt coming back, its not ducking that Ferguson declined this fight.

Khabib can fight Barboza and then get his shot if Conor isnt coming back. If Conor is coming back of course the unification bout should be next.

Describe what your point is, other than Ferguson should ask how high when the UFC says jump.

I believe the last time those two were scheduled to compete Tony was the only one to show up

You think Tony is obligated to start training almost immediately after his last fight, even though Khabib is already scheduled? For no other reason than the UFC is desperate for a headliner that is decent? When is the last time a guy with a belt fought with that quick of a turn around? Jones against Machida?

Its not ducking to not take a short notice fight that would TAKE PLACE only two months after your last one, especially when you are the one with something to lose. Even if Conor isnt coming back, its not ducking that Ferguson declined this fight.

Khabib can fight Barboza and then get his shot if Conor isnt coming back. If Conor is coming back of course the unification bout should be next.

Describe what your point is, other than Ferguson should ask how high when the UFC says jump.

All I said was he didn't fight in the UFC two months ago. So that was my point.

Conor isn't coming back anytime soon I would be happy if they stripped him.

if tony said its to close to holidays, hell, thats all i need. theres a plethora of reasons for tony not to take the fight, all valid.

Back