Why is Khabib's Dad so obsessed his son doing a Boxing match? wants Conor rematch in Boxing

forget boxing... I don't even want to see them in an mma match ever again

Khabibs dad wants his son to make the most money is what im thinking, he knows how much Khabib would make in boxing against Conor or Floyd Mayweather, they would be getting the lions share due to the Muhammad Ali act where the fighters are protected and this is why promoters cannot make more than the main event fighters in boxing.

ROUND TWO
Conor McGregor news: The ‘Notorious’ set for rematch with Khabib Nurmagomedov in a BOXING ring – reports

Abdulmanap said: “As for the fight against Conor according to the rules of boxing, we are interested in such a fight.

“Khabib showed that he is able to win the best drummers of mixed martial arts. He talked about this before, but few believed it.

“However, after bright victories over Michael Johnson, Edson Barbosa and Conor, (people) begin to believe.

“Nurmagomedov is able to do it in the boxing ring. Khabib has all the skills to win by the rules of boxing. One of the key skills can be called endurance.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/...ious-rematch-khabib-nurmagomedov-boxing-news/

If you remove wrestling from the equation, he is just a very amateurish boxer, with extremely basic and sometimes sloppy technique...

Glad Khabib is ready to fight
He just posted a great picture

This is ridiculous. They're both MMA fighters, why would people want to watch them fight in a boxing match? I understood when Conor fought Floyd, but if you want to watch boxing, watch boxing. There are some great matchups in the next 4 months.
Its obvious the money, boxers get the majority of the money when they main event a card, where in ufc the fighters get show and win money and hope for that 50k fight of the night money

This is ridiculous. They're both MMA fighters, why would people want to watch them fight in a boxing match? I understood when Conor fought Floyd, but if you want to watch boxing, watch boxing. There are some great matchups in the next 4 months.
Its par for the course.

Its obvious the money, boxers get the majority of the money when they main event a card, where in ufc the fighters get show and win money and hope for that 50k fight of the night money

But how many PPVs can they sell for a boxing match that I assume would have to be under the UFC banner anyway, as they're both still under contract?

No pure boxing fan will want to watch it and many MMA fans won't really care, so who's the market here? Just Conor and Khabib super fans?

But how many PPVs can they sell for a boxing match that I assume would have to be under the UFC banner anyway, as they're both still under contract?

No pure boxing fan will want to watch it and many MMA fans won't really care, so who's the market here? Just Conor and Khabib super fans?
Never underestimate casuals, they will order anything they love spectacles and hype

Honestly, Conor's gas tank and apparent inability to KO Khabib could see him lose in boxing too.

I love Khabib but this whole post fight process has gotten annoying AF. From the dictator and political world tour, the activism and this whole boxing angle. Tony's the fight so just fucking fight him already

Your opinion is shit and your double yellows are annoying AF.....

Compare the purse for GGG/Canelo 1 and 2 vs what Khabib/McGregor had...

That's your answer.

I guess he hates Khabib.

But this is all just talk. Any person with half a brain knows it would be stupid for Khabib to give up his only advantage in a rematch with Conor.

Last edited:
Honestly, Conor's gas tank and apparent inability to KO Khabib could see him lose in boxing too.
Conor does well when he is ahead, but can't pull it together when things aren't going his way. In a boxing match he won't have to worry about takedowns. And unlike against Mayweather, he won't have much trouble staying out of Khabib's range and tagging him continuously even if none of the strikes are heavy handed.

Despite Khabib's success on the feet against Conor, Khabib will look completely lost in a boxing ring. Conor's gauge of range and timing, and footwork are lightyears ahead of Khabib's.

Back