Why is Foreman so underrated?

From hardcore boxing fans, he always gets due respect. Maybe not so much from casual boxing fans. But I will say his George Foreman Grill is overrated. Makes my steaks too dry.

Who the fuck cooks a steak on a George Foreman Grill?!

If anything, Foreman is overrated. His comeback run was a total joke but people act like it was some mythical , unheard of thing. He basically had one win over another great fighter in his entire career.

Honestly, he shouldn't rank above Tyson or Holyfield.

You call him overrated then mention Tyson? Seriously?

76-5 all at Heavyweight. Destroyed Frazier x2, Norton, Lyle, then came back and won the Heavyweight title at 46. Look at 3 of his losses: Holyfield - used steroids. Morrison - used steroids. Briggs - complete robbery and also used steroids. He lost to Ali who is recognized as the GOAT and Jimmy Young who many believe beat Ali. No, I don't think his comeback trail was some legendary feat, but winning the HW title from Michael Moorer was a great accomplishment.

Mike Tyson (while one of my favorites) is overrated as hell. It's not his fault but he dominated a weak era. What's his best win, a 39 year old Larry Holmes? LHW Micheal Spinks? When he stepped up to the greats of his generation, he got destroyed and he was younger than both Holyfield and Lewis. Ridiculous comment.

Who the fuck cooks a steak on a George Foreman Grill?!

Poor people...

I've never really thought he was underrated though. If anything, his later in life career has overshadowed his prime.

The right fighter at the right time....both times

I actually felt a bit ashamed when he got the win against Axel Schulz....he lost that fight by a fucking landslide(Foreman, not Axel)

Some fucking comedian up there has also started comparing wins against one guy v wins against another guy

The only real notable win on his resume is Frasier, other than that....a bit meh for me....very very good fighter....but very meh at the same time

Poor people...

I've never really thought he was underrated though. If anything, his later in life career has overshadowed his prime.

Yes he's more remembered for his grill and commercials than his punishing style.

You can cook a steak in the oven/on the stove and it'll be delicious. A George Foreman Grill is for shit like grilled cheese, quesadillas, etc

If anything, Foreman is overrated. His comeback run was a total joke but people act like it was some mythical , unheard of thing. He basically had one win over another great fighter in his entire career.

Honestly, he shouldn't rank above Tyson or Holyfield.

A lot of it was against nothing opposition, but it's hard to ignore the fact that he came back and became lineal HW champion after a 10 year hiatus. I can't see any argument for him being behind Tyson or Holyfield.

You call him overrated then mention Tyson? Seriously?

76-5 all at Heavyweight. Destroyed Frazier x2, Norton, Lyle, then came back and won the Heavyweight title at 46. Look at 3 of his losses: Holyfield - used steroids. Morrison - used steroids. Briggs - complete robbery and also used steroids. He lost to Ali who is recognized as the GOAT and Jimmy Young who many believe beat Ali. No, I don't think his comeback trail was some legendary feat, but winning the HW title from Michael Moorer was a great accomplishment.

Mike Tyson (while one of my favorites) is overrated as hell. It's not his fault but he dominated a weak era. What's his best win, a 39 year old Larry Holmes? LHW Micheal Spinks? When he stepped up to the greats of his generation, he got destroyed and he was younger than both Holyfield and Lewis. Ridiculous comment.
Mike Tyson had a more consistent career. 2 wins over an overmatched Frazier doesn't overshadow Tyson's career. Tyson accomplished more, won more titles. Foreman beat one of the softest champs in history and Joe Frazier. Other than that he got gift decisions aganst b level guys or took beatings.

A lot of it was against nothing opposition, but it's hard to ignore the fact that he came back and became lineal HW champion after a 10 year hiatus. I can't see any argument for him being behind Tyson or Holyfield.

I can't see any argument for him being ahead of those guys. Make one.

I can't see any argument for him being ahead of those guys. Make one.

I will later. I'll just note that I do have Holyfield ahead of Foreman, p4p (because of his CW achievements), just not at HW.

I will later. I'll just note that I do have Holyfield ahead of Foreman, p4p (because of his CW achievements), just not at HW.
I actually sort of agree with Holyfield. A little inconsistent at HW. I still rate him over Foreman though.
Tyson is still the youngest fighter to unify the titles. IMO, thats more than Foreman did in his whole career. Foreman beat one guy that people would consider really great and don't tell me that Holmes doesn't count for Tyson if Frazier rates for Foreman.

I think its time we stop basing HW all time lists on how well someone did against Ali.

Mike Tyson had a more consistent career. 2 wins over an overmatched Frazier doesn't overshadow Tyson's career. Tyson accomplished more, won more titles. Foreman beat one of the softest champs in history and Joe Frazier. Other than that he got gift decisions aganst b level guys or took beatings.

How was Tyson more consistent? He lost to Douglas, then won 8 straight against decent opposition. Then proceeded to go 5-5-0-2 for the remainder of his career. Foreman retired at 45-2, then again at 76-5. If anything he is the model for consistency.

Frazier was definitely overmatched against Foreman, but that's not Foreman's fault. Frazier is a consensus top 10 Heavyweight and was undefeated, just beat Ali, and 29 years old when he got murked by Foreman.

I will give you the fact that Tyson has a better resume in terms of overall opposition. But Foreman did it longer and has more ATG wins. I'm not saying Holmes was a corpse, but comparing Frazier at 29 to Holmes at 39 is ridiculous. I really don't think Tyson ranks above Foreman and definitely behind Holyfield. Foreman and Holyfield isn't a bad comparison but I would rank Foreman higher at HW while Holyfield higher at P4P.

I was really bummed Foreman 2.0 vs Tyson never came off. The idea seemed to be building momentum for a long time, and it was exciting to think about what may happen, oh well...

I was really bummed Foreman 2.0 vs Tyson never came off. The idea seemed to be building momentum for a long time, and it was exciting to think about what may happen, oh well...

I was going for Holmes v Foreman 2.0, the "Geezers at Caesars"

Yuri Foreman is criminally underrated on this site I agree. It's probably because he's Jewish.

Back