Why is Demetrious Johnson’s pro MMA record now 25-4-1?

DatSamboKid

Muay Khao
@red
Reaction score
Did you guys notice that Demetrious Johnson's professional MMA record has been updated on most of the major websites? I checked Sherdog, Tapology, ESPN, and Wiki after his latest victory, and they all show his record as 25-4-1.

However, I remember checking his record before his last fight, and it was listed as 31-4-1. It seems like seven wins have been removed from his record, but I'm not sure why. Does anyone have any idea why this change was made?

because they were padded

That's not how record keeping works.

More than likely it was a change in how earlier fights of his were classified. Meaning, were said fights considered amateur, or professional? If they were misclassified as pro, then they may be removed from his pro record.

Did you guys notice that Demetrious Johnson's professional MMA record has been updated on most of the major websites? I checked Sherdog, Tapology, ESPN, and Wiki after his latest victory, and they all show his record as 25-4-1.

However, I remember checking his record before his last fight, and it was listed as 31-4-1. It seems like seven wins have been removed from his record, but I'm not sure why. Does anyone have any idea why this change was made?
They short changed him

His amateur record shows 8-0. what did it show prior? I suspect 6 pro wins are now classified as amateur.

His amateur record shows 8-0. what did it show prior? I suspect 6 pro wins are now classified as amateur.

I don't remember his amateur record, but according to ufcstats.com, his professional record was 27-3-1 after losing to Henry. Since, he has won five fights and lost one. Based on his previous record, he should have a record of 32-4-1. Seven of his professional wins have either disappeared or been categorized as part of his amateur record.

I’m still salty about that decision. DJ would have won that fight even in todays criteria as he did way more damage to Cejudo.
yeah but ufc hated dj thats why he didnt get the champions favor in sd fights

Interesting.

The UFC page (which hasn't been updated since he left the UFC) seems to confirm OPs memory. They have him as 27-3-1 without counting any post UFC fights. They show his 21 UFC bouts, suggesting he had 10 bouts before his UFC debut.

But everyone else is saying he had 3 pro bouts before his UFC debut.

http://ufcstats.com/fighter-details/8a304bfd6bf04a57

So 7 pro fights have disappeared?

Probably because some of his recent bouts weren't standard mma rules. They had custom rules, like some rounds were grappling only, and therefore potentially do not qualify for pro mma record.

I’m still salty about that decision. DJ would have won that fight even in todays criteria as he did way more damage to Cejudo.
FYI the criteria then was todays criteria. That fight is exactly why they clarified the criteria and the judges still fucked it up badly. Henry was never FlyW champ IMO.

Back