Why doesnt UFC target other HW athletes from other combat sports?

Majority of kickboxers are on steroids, especially in the european circuit. Wouldnt cut it in USADA era UFC unless they take the Gokhan Saki approach. Wish they would tho itd be sweet

UFC should do another season of TUF: Heavyweights IMO

Cain ruined the heavyweight division. He fought the same two guys the entire time. He was injured 90% of the time. Dana wanted to keep him there because he thought mexican american Cain was going to open up the latin american market. In typical Dana fashion things didnt go his way so he stop putting his energy in to it. The guy has still been clinging on to hope that Cain is going to come back healthy and take over again. He hates that Stipe is champ because hes just a blue collar American guy.

Because being champ at Glory for example, like Verhoeven gets you paid more then being champ at the equal UFC weight class like Stipe Miocic. If not, they'd be trying to get to the UFC. Plus there is the added bonus of knowing that even if it is more streamlined skillset, that because of the specialization in skills, and the fact that you can be number one in a sport were there is more guys actively participating in right now (and all time), means you get to feel better about yourself as an athlete which could matter in a small way, but I will accept that that second point is a bit more of a stretch.

Sort of related in a roundabout way, but relevant, is in the Mayweather vs McGregor shitshow, Verhoeven was there to watch as a spectator. It should tell you enough right there, that he was either important enough to somebody, to invite to the event, or he had enough spare change to pay for the ticket himself just because he wanted to go.

Any MMA personality there, was there because they were working the event in some capacity, and that is considering they didn't sellout the live venue, and the UFC was a minor promotional partner in the event, and they still couldn't get a couple of guys in there.

No the other divisions have plenty of athletic guys. Hw is full of flabbers black beast and old dudes. I dont want to watch muffin top barnett and tai tuivasa. Get some real talent.
What I meant is that the UFC could do the same as OP said but with all the divisions, not just HW.

I get that getting top boxers is not realistic, but why not top wrestlers, judokas, kickboxers, sambo guys. Why are we stuck with the likes of ngannou and black beast as top contenders and guys from 7+ years ago.

PRIDE brought in Mark Hunt, Cro Cop from K-1 , got top sambo guys like Aleksander Emelianenko and Fedor etc and even sergei was decent in the amateur boxing scene in russia.

Its not like the athletes in those sports are raking in huge millions or something and cant be enticed. I honestly think the UFC just doesn't care.

Why arent they signing Blagoy Ivanov?

Edit fixed some grammar
“The likes of Ngannou and Black Beast”?

Put any of these top kickboxers/wrestlers/sambo guys in the cage with either of those two and watch them get their heads knocked off.

We have seen top kickboxers and grapplers go to mma. They usually lose to b level fighters and almost always lose to top a level fighters. We have seen this for years. Countless examples in Pride, K1 dynamite, and UFC.

Remember
Semmy Schilt
Rulon Gardner
Stefan Leko,
Joe schilling.
Roger Gracie
.I can go on forever.

I blame Rogan and his “k1 level striking” for this shit.

How many times have we heard Rogan say that versus how many times we have actually seen a k1 striker come in and dominate in mma?

And yes I am aware of the careers of Cro Cop, Mark Hunt, Maia etc

Because being champ at Glory for example, like Verhoeven gets you paid more then being champ at the equal UFC weight class like Stipe Miocic. If not, they'd be trying to get to the UFC.

Haha, Verhoeven earns like 200k maximum a fight, and he's the best paid fighter in the sport.

The p4p king of Kickboxing Sittichai earns 30k a fight.

Verhoeven got other things going for him that makes his stay at kickboxing to comfortable. Sponsors, his own book and app, tv appearences.

Last edited:
Cro cop
Barnett—Yep
Hunt—Lost a lot back then
Fedor—yep
Noguiera—Yep
Sergei—yep
Vovchanchyn—Not a real HW
Coleman—10 fights in UFC, fought most Pride fights over 40
Randleman—Nah
Bob sapp—Nah
Werdum—Dude literally couldn’t throw a punch back then
Heath herring—Nah

Stacked div is stacked.

So like I said 4-5 solid dudes

Or from Bum Fights

So like I said 4-5 solid dudes

They are more qualified than today's dudes. Seeing as how most people only care about the top 10 and 5 of those are solid and the other 5 are decent my argument stands. Whsts the hw top 5 today?

Stipe
Ngannou
No chin reem
Volkov
Werdum

Sorry but its about obvious there is a drastic decline in quality.

Put any of these top kickboxers/wrestlers/sambo guys in the cage with either of those two and watch them get their heads knocked off.

We have seen top kickboxers and grapplers go to mma. They usually lose to b level fighters and almost always lose to top a level fighters. We have seen this for years. Countless examples in Pride, K1 dynamite, and UFC.

Remember
Semmy Schilt
Rulon Gardner
Stefan Leko,
Joe schilling.
Roger Gracie
.I can go on forever.

How many times have we heard Rogan say that versus how many times we have actually seen a k1 striker come in and dominate in mma?

K lets put black beast and ngannou vs minakov. Are you crazy?

1.gif

I get that getting top boxers is not realistic, but why not top wrestlers, judokas, kickboxers, sambo guys. Why are we stuck with the likes of ngannou and black beast as top contenders and guys from 7+ years ago.

PRIDE brought in Mark Hunt, Cro Cop from K-1 , got top sambo guys like Aleksander Emelianenko and Fedor etc and even sergei was decent in the amateur boxing scene in russia.

Its not like the athletes in those sports are raking in huge millions or something and cant be enticed. I honestly think the UFC just doesn't care.

Edit fixed some grammar

The answer is $$$$, getting in proven talent from other sports isn't cheap and obviously has an element of risk, for every Crocop or Hunt theres potentially a Leko. The UFC have focused on low risk high profit tactitcs as a monopoly only signing unproven guys they can pay peanuts to most of the time or big proven draws.

Its one of the main reasons LHW and HW are dying out full of old names whilst we have brand fanboy goofs still riding the "evolution" spiel as things collapse.

Why wouldn't they want 50% off reebok apparel???

K lets put black beast and ngannou vs minakov. Are you crazy?

1.gif
Yes. They would both probably spark him. Try throwing that sloppy ass rear uppercut with no setup against either of those two guys and see what happens. Keep fighting bums in bellator.

They are more qualified than today's dudes. Seeing as how most people only care about the top 10 and 5 of those are solid and the other 5 are decent my argument stands. Whsts the hw top 5 today?

Stipe
Ngannou
No chin reem
Volkov
Werdum

Sorry but its about obvious there is a drastic decline in quality.
Sure when you leave off Cain and JDS who would destroy most of the guys you listed with ease. And Ngannou who has the power to do the same. And Blaydes who can hand with most of that list. And Hunt who wins more now than then.

Because enormous elite level athletes aren't interested in getting punched in the face for shit money.

Edit fixed some grammar

the three main reasons:

- ufc is retarded
- money
- mma stil is small as fuck

Remember
Semmy Schilt
Rulon Gardner
Stefan Leko,
Joe schilling.
Roger Gracie
.I can go on forever.

{<jordan}

Ngannou is overrated, he is just a puncher.
Semmy schillt went to kickboxing, because no one wanted to fight him.

Last edited:

Remember
Semmy Schilt
Rulon Gardner
Stefan Leko,
Joe schilling.
Roger Gracie
.I can go on forever.

Schilt fought in the ufc and Pride well before being in K-1. Verry succesfull to being a top 10 hw for quite some time.

Haha, Verhoeven earns like 200k maximum a fight, and he's the best paid fighter in the sport.

The p4p king of Kickboxing Sittichai earns 30k a fight.

True, but I think Kickboxers on average can fight more fights a year then a UFC fighter.

I would love to see these big kickboxers in the cage tho :)

I don't think they need or should do that man, but i have no idea to why UFC doesn't invest more at heavyweight, it should be their focus, it's the division most people love and care about the most..
They havent signed any new fighters for any new weight class in 2018. Its not just HW.
Can you stop talking out of your ass? That's not true at all.
Majority of kickboxers are on steroids, especially in the european circuit. Wouldnt cut it in USADA era UFC unless they take the Gokhan Saki approach. Wish they would tho itd be sweet

UFC should do another season of TUF: Heavyweights IMO
That's a terrible idea. The top heavyweights outside UFC will never accept a fucking TUF contract, that's stupidity, they are making good cash at Russia, no way they come to US to be part of a fucking reality show.

Back