Why doesn't Cormier/Jones 2 happen this time?

Roca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean we're many months away from the fight, so let's be honest, there is no way that Popeye "206.2" McGroinPull is going to get through a full camp at American Kneecracker Academy and at the same time Bentley "Dickpills" McNoseblow is going to... keep his nose clean... the entire time between now and the fight. I mean the odds are astronomical, somehow we already managed to get these two in the cage before but to try and do it again?

There are so many ways this fight could fall apart that it's tough to call, what do you guys think will be the ultimate reason for this fight falling apart?

I'm going to play it safe and go with the AKA fighter pulling out due to injury.

Keep Jon away from fast moving vehicles and/or drugs.
Keep DC away from fast food.
Simple

most likely DC won't make that weight again

Nevada run out of towels.

It has to happen. For both guys. I'm hoping they train smart, and nothing outside of fighting gets in the way either. They'll make it to the fight.

How many times in his entire career has DC pulled out of a fight? Like once or twice?

I'd rather see Jones/jimi really, already seen DC Jones and it went just how everyone expected

I'd say they are going to really go at it during one of the press events and get suspended. That or Jones will be revealed as torturing small animals for fun.

More than likely just injuries to one or both that will prevent them from ever getting in the cage together.

DC's nose will get re-re-configured in training camp.

DC out for groin surgery - Hopes Gustafsson/other fighter jumps in for him and wins.

Yeah i gotta admit, this fight hasn't even been crossing my mind in the slightest

So unlikely it's going to happen in 1 take

It has to happen. For both guys. I'm hoping they train smart, and nothing outside of fighting gets in the way either. They'll make it to the fight.
LOL, 'it has to happen', because im a nuthugger, and if it doesnt happen, whose nuts will I hug. What a gullible turd you must be. Santa is coming this Christmas, 4 real this time.

Once of these fighters isn't even eligible and has a history of reckless behavior, so I wouldn't really worry about it at this point. Jon Jones can catch the PPV like the rest of us.

Pretty sure Dana already threatened Jones his UFC career if he were to not make it to the fight again this time.

he pulled out twice just against jbj then again last December vs rumble

Are you sure he pulled out twice vs Jones?

DC's wiki says:

-Jones pulled out of UFC 178 citing injury
-They fought at UFC 182
-DC pulled out of UFC 197 citing injury
-Jones pissed hot for UFC 200

DC then pulled out of UFC 206 vs Rumble citing injury

Cormier vs. Jones[edit]
Cormier was expected to face UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones at UFC 178 on September 27, 2014, after Alexander Gustafsson was forced to withdraw due to a torn meniscus.[34] However, on August 12, Jones was forced to pull out of the bout against Cormier citing an injury. The fight eventually took place at UFC 182.[35] At UFC 182 Cormier was defeated by Jon Jones by unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46).[36] Despite the loss, Cormier was awarded a Fight of the Night bonus.[37]

Light heavyweight championship[edit]
Cormier was expected to face Ryan Bader on June 6, 2015, at UFC Fight Night 68.[38] However, on April 28, 2015, it was announced that Jon Jones had been stripped of the Light Heavyweight championship and suspended indefinitely after facing felony charges stemming from a traffic accident in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Subsequently, Cormier was pulled from the Bader fight and replaced Jones against Anthony Johnson on May 23, 2015, at UFC 187 for the vacant title.[39] In the early opening seconds of the fight, Cormier was dropped by an overhand right by Johnson. Cormier would go on to win the next two rounds and eventually submit Johnson by rear naked choke in the third round to become the new UFC Light Heavyweight champion. The last time the championship changed hands was 2011. The fight also earned Cormier a Performance of the Night bonus.[40][41]

Cormier faced Alexander Gustafsson on October 3, 2015, at UFC 192.[42] Cormier won the back and forth fight via split decision (47-48, 48-47, 49-46).[43] Their performance earned both participants Fight of the Night honors.[44]

In November 2015, Cormier stated that he has signed a new, eight-fight contract with UFC.[45]

A rematch with Jon Jones was expected to take place on April 23, 2016, at UFC 197.[46] However, Cormier pulled out of the fight on April 1 citing a foot injury and was replaced by Ovince Saint Preux.[47][48] The rematch with Jones was rescheduled for July 9, 2016, at UFC 200.[49] On July 6, It was announced that the fight between Jones and Cormier was off due to a potential doping violation from Jon Jones.[50] Cormier fought former UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva in a 3 round non title fight at the event. Cormier won the fight via unanimous decision.[51]

A rematch with Anthony Johnson was expected to take place on December 10, 2016, at UFC 206.[52] However, on November 25, 2016, Cormier withdrew from the bout due to injury.[53]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Cormier#Cormier_vs._Jones

Are you sure he pulled out twice vs Jones?

DC's wiki says:

-Jones pulled out of UFC 178 citing injury
-They fought at UFC 182
-DC pulled out of UFC 197 citing injury
-Jones pissed hot for UFC 200

DC then pulled out of UFC 206 vs Rumble citing injury

Cormier vs. Jones[edit]
Cormier was expected to face UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones at UFC 178 on September 27, 2014, after Alexander Gustafsson was forced to withdraw due to a torn meniscus.[34] However, on August 12, Jones was forced to pull out of the bout against Cormier citing an injury. The fight eventually took place at UFC 182.[35] At UFC 182 Cormier was defeated by Jon Jones by unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46).[36] Despite the loss, Cormier was awarded a Fight of the Night bonus.[37]

Light heavyweight championship[edit]
Cormier was expected to face Ryan Bader on June 6, 2015, at UFC Fight Night 68.[38] However, on April 28, 2015, it was announced that Jon Jones had been stripped of the Light Heavyweight championship and suspended indefinitely after facing felony charges stemming from a traffic accident in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Subsequently, Cormier was pulled from the Bader fight and replaced Jones against Anthony Johnson on May 23, 2015, at UFC 187 for the vacant title.[39] In the early opening seconds of the fight, Cormier was dropped by an overhand right by Johnson. Cormier would go on to win the next two rounds and eventually submit Johnson by rear naked choke in the third round to become the new UFC Light Heavyweight champion. The last time the championship changed hands was 2011. The fight also earned Cormier a Performance of the Night bonus.[40][41]

Cormier faced Alexander Gustafsson on October 3, 2015, at UFC 192.[42] Cormier won the back and forth fight via split decision (47-48, 48-47, 49-46).[43] Their performance earned both participants Fight of the Night honors.[44]

In November 2015, Cormier stated that he has signed a new, eight-fight contract with UFC.[45]

A rematch with Jon Jones was expected to take place on April 23, 2016, at UFC 197.[46] However, Cormier pulled out of the fight on April 1 citing a foot injury and was replaced by Ovince Saint Preux.[47][48] The rematch with Jones was rescheduled for July 9, 2016, at UFC 200.[49] On July 6, It was announced that the fight between Jones and Cormier was off due to a potential doping violation from Jon Jones.[50] Cormier fought former UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva in a 3 round non title fight at the event. Cormier won the fight via unanimous decision.[51]

A rematch with Anthony Johnson was expected to take place on December 10, 2016, at UFC 206.[52] However, on November 25, 2016, Cormier withdrew from the bout due to injury.[53]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Cormier#Cormier_vs._Jones

My mistake, I read Ariel's article too fast haha yeah they eached pulled out once then the drug test at ufc 200

My mistake, I read Ariel's article too fast haha yeah they eached pulled out once then the drug test at ufc 200

Yeah it did get pretty confusing after a while considering how many times the fight failed to happen

Between the two of them they're 1 for 4 so far on getting it done lol

Back