Why does rap music get a free pass?

Its like black on black crime, it’s inconvenient to talk about when there’s plenty of white folks who probably said something in a tweet 10 years ago the cry about.

To me good rap music is about wordplay, lyricism and beats that fit the vibe of the song.

I just heard this old song a couple of days ago on youtube I thought it was pretty dope.

and here is another song which is less Helter Skelter and has good storytelling

Let me know what your definition of good hip hop is.

I think everyone should be allowed to say the N word, but i dont think black people would accept it, not even if its in a song. Kendrick Lamar reacted with stupidity when a fan was singing M.A.A.D. City.

Rap music now is tame compared to back in the day.

No ones making songs like Ice Cubes "Cave Bitch" or "True to the Game" anymore
If those songs came out today, there would be heavy backlash.

NWA's entire 2nd CD is complete mayhem, from killing people to raping women and then killing them after.(One Less Bitch-NWA)
Good music though. Great beats and lyrics, just alot of craziness.
That second NWA album has some of my favorite Dre production, shit was so polished but filthy at the same time

Rap music should of been a fuckin fad and the day Public Enemy and N.W.A. came on the scene all the fun was lost and it's still fuckin going and unlike Classical and Jazz which has greatly enriched the world and other countries music cultures the shit thing about Rap/Bling culture is I can't tell the difference to music from Jamaica and Trinidad or even Africa where they seem to single the Rap artists hand movement and have some big tiity, booty bitches in the video.
We need a revolution like James Brown, Miles Davis, Bob Marley or even UB40 but for Rap you can fuck off and bring back Flash and Bambatta.

Rap music now is tame compared to back in the day.

No ones making songs like Ice Cubes "Cave Bitch" or "True to the Game" anymore
If those songs came out today, there would be heavy backlash.

NWA's entire 2nd CD is complete mayhem, from killing people to raping women and then killing them after.(One Less Bitch-NWA)
Good music though. Great beats and lyrics, just alot of craziness.

Hells ya. Spice 1 too. Always rapping about his guns and dumping n-words in ditches.

Are there any rap songs people can recommend with some sort of musical progression?

I get bored of the same repetitive beat for 4 minutes and a dude talking fast over top of it where the song basically goes nowhere

Are there any rap songs people can recommend with some sort of musical progression?

I get bored of the same repetitive beat for 4 minutes and a dude talking fast over top of it where the song basically goes nowhere
Off the top of my head, Gambino and Ludwig work well together live.

Because we have freedom of speach, well we used to have it. I'm not in favor of censoring any shit.

Why does rap/hip hop music get a free pass from the aggressive metoo movement and millenial social justice warriors? I just heard a rap song in my gym with the N word and some skinny white dork singing along.

Is he allowed to yell the N word in public if it's in a rap song? Or pretends it's part of a song?

Why is the content of that rap "music" yelling about bitches and hos not the ire of the metoo mania? How come this garbage is being played everywhere now without concequences? if somebody tells to turn that noise pollution off will they be accused of being racist?

There seems to be a gross double standard going on around here.

Maybe he was listening to this?

Back