Why does Cerrone constantly punch himself in the head?

271269.jpg

@Soul On Ice
UFC giving free seats to the mentally retarded, that's nice.

He's been building up mileage pretty quickly though, 26 UFC fights in 6 years and a lot of them were wars plus he's pretty well of anyway and I'd imagine doesn't need to carry on for a retirement fund.
I doubt he wants to is the thing. He fights so much because he loves it.

Not taking anything away from Till, he has looked very sharp his last two outings. Those long left-hands were sniping Cerrone down the pipe, that elbow helped seal the deal too.

I know Gunnar lost to Ponzi but I can see Gunnar beating guys like Till and Perry. Especially the way Donald landed a TD. Demian or Gunnar get that fight to the mat those strikers are toast...

Agreed, Gunnar has the skills to compete with anyone in the division, but like Rockhold and Cerrone, Gunnar is a relatively slow starter who takes his time to warm up and feel out his opponent's rhythm.

This is now becoming an easily exploited strategy by the less-skilled, more brawling type of fighter.

He's scared of the Goofa Man.

Griffin did the same thing, from what I remember.

Someone should make a mashup highlight video of UFC fighters punching themselves in the face.

He isn't the only one who does it. Forest Griffin used to as well.

He did indeed - some fighters have certain ticks / mechanisms to remind them to keep their hands a certain way / keep focussed - Fedor constantly touches his nose, Shogun stretches his arms out etc

To remind your nerves what they are in for

He did indeed - some fighters have certain ticks / mechanisms to remind them to keep their hands a certain way / keep focussed - Fedor constantly touches his nose, Shogun stretches his arms out etc

This. Forrest is the first person who comes to mind when i think of this. Gus throws his arms out as well whenever he circles and resets or avoids a combination

good call methinks. It extends beyond fighting, tonnes of athletes have various ticks and habits. Some Tennis players bounce the ball an exact number of times before service, AFL football plays pull up their socks before taking a difficult kick, Jordan used to poke his tongue out when he went for a dunk IIRC.

I'm sure it is a technique to remind them of something (the hands up theory for Cerrone) or just to keep them focussed and calm. Or a bit of both.

I know i always squeeze my left little finger hard with my ring finger when i run long distance. I squeeze it in the same tempo as my footfalls. No idea why i do this, and if i run 15-20km or more it starts to really hurrt my finger, but it really calms me down and helps with my tempo.

EDIT - blue belt mofukkas. i am now officially a sherdogga

Perry wil take Tilly’s head.
And then I shall rejoice at beautiful destruction.

Till Destroys Perry and it Won't even be close.

Tills a potential future champ
Perry has the potential to be a low level gatekeeper at best.

Till Destroys Perry and it Won't even be close.

Tills a potential future champ
Perry has the potential to be a low level gatekeeper at best.
Perry is a black belt with dem hands boi
Till is nothing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back