Why does a Flyweight or Women's division even headline a card anymore?

Let's have Werdum-Overeem 4 as the main event. Maybe they can throw 2 strikes a minute again and butt scoot for 25 minutes this time.

WME flinging shit at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Hoping the mindless Ron Derousy hordes latch on to a new chick, hoping a little black man jumping around the octagon will put asses in the seats.

There's plenty of other good fight on that card. Who really cares if someone you don't like headlines? If you feel that strongly about it, then watch the co-main then turn the channel.
Plenty?

Yea, that's right. Plenty

You've still got Nunez vs Shevchenko II, JDS vs Ngannou, Gil Melendez vs Jeremy Stephens, Henry Cejudo vs Wilson Reis. Gavin Tuckers also someone to watch out for. You gonna sit here and tell me these aren't good fights?

Yea, that's right. Plenty

You've still got Nunez vs Shevchenko II, JDS vs Ngannou, Gil Melendez vs Jeremy Stephens, Henry Cejudo vs Wilson Reis. Gavin Tuckers also someone to watch out for. You gonna sit here and tell me these aren't good fights?
I care about 2 of those

WME flinging shit at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Hoping the mindless Ron Derousy hordes latch on to a new chick, hoping a little black man jumping around the octagon will put asses in the seats.
Made me lol

If people thought the 130k buys on the last card was bad, this will be even worse. At least that last shit card had Romero vs Whitaker to appeal to hard cores. This has no appeal whatsoever

To be fair, Trudeau > Trump.
Dog shit is better than horse shit?
Better at what or for what?
How is it fair?

My daughter got bitten by a dog.
Her mother said, "A cat bite is worse."
I said, "A bite from a great white shark is worse than that, but what does that have to do with anything, no cat or shark bite was an option at the time?"

UFC 215 looks like garbage. Would liked to have seen Woodley-Maia on that card.
I completely agree with you, except for the Woodley-Maia point. I'm so glad 214 is stacked as hell and am looking forward to a fun night of awesome fights. But I agree with you on 215, I'm very surprised they are headlining with flyweight and WMMA, common sense would tell you that Woodley-Maia would make a great headliner on this card to boost PPV numbers. After the poor showing they have had on PPV and with how much Dana bitches about fighter X not selling fights, or fighter Y never headlining another card again I can't imagine this card sells well. I have no problem with the lower weight classes or WMMA in general, I just want close, competitive fights. No one wants to see Mighty Mouse destroy a guy who isn't in his zip code skill-wise, and the women's fight doesn't interest me at all.
Seems more fit to be a fight night on fox

I think it's honestly Dana just being stubborn. If he leaves and WME completely takes over guarantee you first thing to go would be FLW divison. Not sure of WMMA though because muh equality
WME will create 5 flyweight interim titles before they get rid of one.

I completely agree with you, except for the Woodley-Maia point. I'm so glad 214 is stacked as hell and am looking forward to a fun night of awesome fights. But I agree with you on 215, I'm very surprised they are headlining with flyweight and WMMA, common sense would tell you that Woodley-Maia would make a great headliner on this card to boost PPV numbers. After the poor showing they have had on PPV and with how much Dana bitches about fighter X not selling fights, or fighter Y never headlining another card again I can't imagine this card sells well. I have no problem with the lower weight classes or WMMA in general, I just want close, competitive fights. No one wants to see Mighty Mouse destroy a guy who isn't in his zip code skill-wise, and the women's fight doesn't interest me at all.
Seems more fit to be a fight night on fox
Woodley/Maia 'needed' to be at 214 in order for the big GSP fight to allign with MSG.

On that note MM and Nunes were the only champions available for 215 other then Joanna.

No other options. Timing determines everything.

Woodley/Maia 'needed' to be at 214 in order for the big GSP fight to allign with MSG.

On that note MM and Nunes were the only champions available for 215 other then Joanna.

No other options. Timing determines everything.
Ahh, yea wasn't thinking about the MSG card. I totally agree with you, What do you think the numbers will be for 215? and do you think it would be better to start spacing out their PPV events a little more? I think even eliminating 1 PPV a year would help them with their "timing" problem

To be fair, Trudeau > Trump.
giphy.gif

Ahh, yea wasn't thinking about the MSG card. I totally agree with you, What do you think the numbers will be for 215? and do you think it would be better to start spacing out their PPV events a little more? I think even eliminating 1 PPV a year would help them with their "timing" problem

Note that UFC already cancelled the August PPV because there weren't enough stars available for that and September. UFC also cancelled the January PPV for the same reason.

Now in terms of 215, the buyrate should be able to hit 125-150k. I actually think the card is overall great but most don't like Flyweights and won't buy based on a undercard.

UFC has more then enough champions to do 13 PPVs a year, but so many of them like Conor + Bisping just seem to dissapear for months on end. Once everything gets in order we'll be fine.

If Valentina had gone out and crushed Nunes she could headline.

Note that UFC already cancelled the August PPV because there weren't enough stars available for that and September. UFC also cancelled the January PPV for the same reason.

Now in terms of 215, the buyrate should be able to hit 125-150k. I actually think the card is overall great but most don't like Flyweights and won't buy based on a undercard.

UFC has more then enough champions to do 13 PPVs a year, but so many of them like Conor + Bisping just seem to dissapear for months on end. Once everything gets in order we'll be fine.
Damn, you owned me again... I totally forgot about the cancelled PPV in august. Thanks for the info and insight. I appreciate it. I've enjoyed the product that has been delivered to us so far this year, but I know the UFC can do better and I look forward to the future!

200.gif

I don't care if ppl do not like MM, Joanna, Stipe.

But, I get it...

Those bitches, and manlets are ruining your life. You may also be one of those cunts that totally dismiss Stipe, and HW, as crap, too.

Don't fuckin watch the fights. Don't click on threads about those ppl. And MOSTLY...

Quit making shit threads about them. What's the point of that ?

Have some fuckin self control, alright ?

Back