Why do the UFC want Jones to fight for number 1-contender fight?

Imo he should part ways with the UFC and go do his own things. Jones is bigger then the UFC imho. His the ''it guy'' the GOAT of fighting in itself. without Jones there is no UFC at this point in life. Good luck selling guys even the average and random sherdogger can beat in a bar-fight

Last edited:
There is absolutely no way you or anyone can justify this. His the GOAT and the best fighter we have ever seen so far in MMA. His also undefeated. The UFC should just release him imho. Jones can go anywhere and everybody would watch him fight
Who's he gonna fight if he leaves the ufc? Mcgeary, king mo, & tito? Fuck that. He's done enough to harm his legacy over the last year. That would be the final nail in the coffin. He's fucked up a lot lately, he should glad he keeps getting off easy. & besides, Jones vs rumble is the most exciting fight in the division.

first from the test but it proved he was innocent and then again giving him number 1 contender fight and he has never lost his title or interim title.
Proof lol? You can't possibly believe he was innocent? He's clearly a cheater just like Anderson Silva. He doesn't deserve to ever fight again imo

My thoughts are they realize that Rumble has the best shot at beating Jones, and Jones losing will deflate his starpower, while increasing Rumble's draw potential. Jones very well may beat both of them, but I think Rumble beating Jones and then DC is the best case scenario for the UFC, and is probably why they want this fight.

Nope. But Jones and Dana have been hinting that good news is coming soon regrading the matter. And Dana just did a interview where he suggested that Rumble vs Jones is the match to make.

Yeah maybe someone from the IOC told Dana Jones wasn't Russian, if he gets away with this it is a joke and it certainly doesn't prove he is innocent but after watching an Olympics were the public are told only the Russians are dirty this clearly isn't the biggest issue in sport (never mind 3 dudes cleaning up in the Women's 800 meters), sometimes feel like MMA is becoming the 'Russia/Scapegoat' in regular televised sport so despite thinking it is a joke if Jones gets away with it I will ignore my cynicism and enjoy watching him fight early, will still laugh at the fan boys thinking it makes him innocent though.

These are the possible reasons I can think of:

1. Jones/Rumble is the bigger fight than Jones/DC II
2. DC wants a rest and the UFC wants to do him a solid for the UFC 200 debacle
3. They want to "punish" Jones
4. Rumble has star potential because he's a monstrous KO machine, so they're fast tracking him

I'm not sure which of the 4 are and aren't true.

unnamed.0.png

I think they want him out or just defeated at all cost. 1.first from the test but it proved he was innocent and then again giving him number 1 contender fight and he has never lost his title or interim title.

So the question is why do you have him on contract if you don't like the guy that much. I think them offering him contender fight is disrespectful towards him.

If I were him i would not take such offers that is downgrading my brand and image. I would rather find a way out of my contract or just invest my money in other things and retire for good
Probably because the last time he was scheduled to fight for the belt he screwed over himself, Cormier and the UFC at what was billed as their biggest event. He needs to prove he will stop with his bs antics before he is trusted with another title fight.

ridiculous

the unbeaten goat who destroyed everyone including the papeer champion needs to fight his way back to HIS belt thate he never lost???

WTF

DC knows that his paper reign will end brutally the night he faces his alpha daddy again

Obviously because of racism. The UFC doesn't want a black man as their champion.

Well if that is how you're employer feels about you then there is no reason being in a contract with them. There is so many options for him where he can make more money then he has ever made. He could even set up his own PPV more like mayweather and find his own opponents or even start his own MMA org etc etc. fight in Japan for huge many fights etc etc. There is so much life for Jones outside of UFC

There is, perhaps, more beyond the UFC for Jon Jones. Thing is, the reason I am such a Jon Jones fan is because of what he has done IN the UFC, not out of it. Not only that, he seems to have the support of the UFC even still. If its about the money for Jones than he can TRY to do whatever he wants, but I have my doubts about that guy's ability to pull off much other than athleticism in a violent sport. Time will tell on that score I guess.

Who said anything about his employer though and what is your point with your post? I would like nothing more than Jones' current USADA situation to all be a big misunderstanding, Jones then to get his shit together, then Jones to earn back the Gold. He SHOULD have to earn it at this point.

Jones vs AJ didn't happen yet and Jones would generate more PPV money for UFC than DC vs whoever. Also, need to make Jones vs AJ before Jones ends up in some other trouble.

Back