• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why do Sherdoggers glorify basketball players as great athletes?

Superior athletes have skill and talent not just size.

Nashhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Victoria bitches.

5237387700_76b51b9405_o.gif

Well if you could choose athletes from any sport to train for MMA which sport would you choose from? I would pick and NBA over NFL

nfl players play a contact sport. most of them know how to react to a hit. nba players arent physical like that. no amount of height can help you mentally take a punch better.

tell that to "6'9" Kevin Durant
ct-lincicome-usa-basketball-spt-0717-20160716

unless DJ and Boogie are also 6'9.... Im calling shenanigans lol
Yeah he is 7 foot. If you want to look at someone who's height helps them its KD.

Lol at wrestlers having the best athletes, are you kidding me?

This! I think basketball require a lot of skill compare to the football(american), so in theory, imo, the NFL have the best Athletes in the world.

Look at this picture, the rock look like a kid compare them.

The+Rock+Charles+Barkley+Shaquille+ONeal+Mark+Walberg.jpg

There's a fairly recent video of old fat Barkley benching 400 lbs. Some of these guys are absolute monsters, prime Barkley would bitch toss The Rock through a window like he did to the guy that stepped to him in public.

They do need to be durable. Long season with lots of turning at a high speed and wrestling if they play in the paint. Hence the high injury rate and teams filling the roster up since they know injuries will happen.

The top guys are usually incredibly agile for their size and the vertical combined with hand-eye coordination at that speed translates well to striking. So you get most of the metrics that are measured in combines as a requirement for stars. Then you have the freaks like Shaq, Hakeem & Lebron who moved like much smaller players.

They have similar builds to Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. Granted, no one can examine one's grit, chin, fighting IQ, etc, I believe they are beyond a shadow of doubt the best athletes in the world, generally speaking. They have speed, explosion, cardio, height, reach, and most in the league now are extremely strong. Now align those skills with MMA training. If someone like LeBron James or Russell Westbrook had the mentality and skillset of someone like Rich Franklin, just imagine how much more effective they'd likely be. I mean, really, there is no one like them in any sport really, let alone the UFC. Like I said, we don't know which athletes have the heart to be a fighter, but they certainly hold the innate physical attributes to destroy what we currently see in the UFC.

Allen Iverson was 6'0" and 165 pounds. He was as fast as lightning and insanely agile. He was also known for his toughness. He had no problem go full speed against people who were 7 feel tall 300+ pounds and who wanted to smash him.
He would have a speed and athleticism advantage at LW that would be insane.

Because, just like sherdoggers, they play with balls.

Yeah he is 7 foot. If you want to look at someone who's height helps them its KD.
I think they are doing the same with Brandon Ingram as well.... they say he's 6'9 but Im sure that kids at least 6'11

Gotta give props to my fav dunker. Vince Carter, the Ray Emery of basketball:/

vcdunk3.gif

g2FHP0.gif

ByQSoLU.gif

There's a fairly recent video of old fat Barkley benching 400 lbs. Some of these guys are absolute monsters, prime Barkley would bitch toss The Rock through a window like he did to the guy that stepped to him in public.
At 6 ft 5 it was incredible to watch him muscle 7-footers around in the paint while being as fast as a guard at 250.

Everybody knows the Adult entertainment industry has the top athletes in the nation

Michael Jordan hands are bigger than Shaq btw. Dude has mitten for hands.

nfl players play a contact sport. most of them know how to react to a hit. nba players arent physical like that. no amount of height can help you mentally take a punch better.
True, but they also wear a tonne of padding so its not a good indication on whether they can take a hit as well. NBA players seem to have pretty good gas tanks as well (all speculation of course)

This near 7 footer could never learn to throw a flying knee.

Skip to 28 seconds... lol

The knee lands on a guy who is 6'8"

Acceleration, ability to cut on a dime, jump really high all while being put in a frame that's not supposed to do that. Yes, NBA athletes are some of the best in the world. The only athletes that trump that are NFL athletes. If you trained Struve, Bones, Gus and all the others tall enough to play basketball for 10 years they wouldn't be good enough because they wouldn't be fast enough or have the ability to cut and keep up with the NBA guys. Why? Because they're not as good athletically.

I mean I'm sure some of them are great athletes (like some athletes in any sport) but why do many people seem to view all or most NBA players as super impressive "A-level" athletes? I've never found them very impressive as a group, strength isn't a high priority in basketball nor is durability and a lot of them have really fragile seeming builds (like the ones who are 6'6 200 lbs or a similar height/weight ratio, a girl who is 6'6 is still likely to be more than 200 lbs lol). Many of them are just tall and not imposing in any other way, some can't even bench their own weight which is crazy for a male athlete. Oh I guess they can run fairly fast and jump which is supposed to be impressive for "big" men but running and jumping is easier when you're a 200 lb toothpick at 6'6.

Rugby players are more impressive than NBA players, they're at least proven not to be frail and engage in a lot of manly physical contact.

Football, Hockey, Rugby are all better athletic sports. Most of the time basketball players are just standing around.

Back