Why do fighters that train in South Florida struggle in championship fights? (Colby, Mas, and Dustin)

Mystic Mac Miller

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
ATT gets all the hype but so far, all they have seen is Masvidal lose and Poirier get knocked out. Colby was clueless tonight against Edwards.

For all the hype ATT gets, they don't produce championship-level fighters except for Pantoja in the UFC these days. Meanwhile, Whitman in Colorado coached a champ in Usman and Rose.

It seems like there is something to it where the fighters that come out of ATT other SoFlo gyms have a lot of hype but when they go to a championship level, they struggle.

Robbie and woodley both trained out of there though right? Both world champions

if i had to guess, its a big gym, so less attention to individual fighter and probably more distractions in florida. Partying and fighting rarely goes well together

ATT is a professional gym. They have many different cliques of coaches under the same roof. Some fighters aren't coached by the same people. They have different strength and conditioning coaches etc etc. Hard to judge that gym as a whole.

ATT gets all the hype but so far, all they have seen is Masvidal lose and Poirier get knocked out. Colby was clueless tonight against Edwards.

For all the hype ATT gets, they don't produce championship-level fighters except for Pantoja in the UFC these days. Meanwhile, Whitman in Colorado coached a champ in Usman and Rose.

It seems like there is something to it where the fighters that come out of ATT other SoFlo gyms have a lot of hype but when they go to a championship level, they struggle.

So ATT has one champ in Pantoja, but Whitman is dominating with 2 EX champs?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Why do fighters that train in California have so many knee injuries; Cruz, Cain, Tony, Thomson, Khabib?

Never thought about this but from that list of people i only like Dustin so may the curse continue.

if i had to guess, its a big gym, so less attention to individual fighter and probably more distractions in florida. Partying and fighting rarely goes well together
I feel like Florida is the perfect place for a man like Jon Jones not sure why he chooses to live in albuquerque new mexico.

obviously it’s the weather. humidity makes everything suck.

Back