Why Didn't the UFC Bring in Kurt Angle?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He would have wanted to do it. It would have brought in the same kind of audience and the guy's a gold medalist.

0614310001458762233_filepicker.jpg

Because he's old as fuck and a walking crippled person

Dana wanted him on TUF 10 but didn't give Kurt enough notice for him to train and get in shape. Kurt turned it down and the deal fell through after that. This was back when ufc was still trying to legitimize itself and less about money/freakshow fights

he's a fuckin mess now

WWE doesn't want him either

if he was in prime in 90s it would be because
-wwe pay is 99percent better
need i say more?

Anyone watch Warrior? Kurt plays a mean Russian MMA fighter. But ya, he's a cripple now. If he wants to fight Punk though sign em up.

I read he pinned Lesnar in an impromptu wrestling match while both were in the WWE.

Had Kurt gone straight to MMA post Olympics no doubt in my mind he would have been a champion. Now, he's real old with a broken neck.

Because unlike CM Punk, he was always full of shit and never intended to really fight.

His neck was fused (at least twice now) back when he would have been terrific the WWE was paying much much more $$$ and he got hooked on painkillers and other stuff where he could not compete for real, if he had just won these Olympics instead of in 1992 (not sure of the year) it would have been an option for him.

if he was in prime in 90s it would be because
-wwe pay is 99percent better
need i say more?
He did say on the MMA Hour back in 2015 that if MMA was as popular as it was after he competed in the Olympics in 1996 he would have tried out MMA.

He did say on the MMA Hour back in 2015 that if MMA was as popular as it was after he competed in the Olympics in 1996 he would have tried out MMA.

Kurt disliked "pro wrestling" too
Until he tried it & starting seeing the art form.
He was very vocal against it & wound up the quickest learner they ever had.
If MMA was bigger, he would certainly have done it at the time

Pretty sure this was after Angle began having serious neck/nerve/strength issues (like Weidman is having now).

Kurt Angle with no nerve/neck issues would terrorize the UFC.

Not only was he an apex wrestler and strong as hell, he comes from a family of street fighters. He could fight.

Angle beat Roided Brock Lesnar in an informal shoot (real) wrestling match. Think about that.

If I had to pick one pro wrestler to not mess with, it would be Angle.

Back