Why did Conor abandon his original goal in mma?

He's become a parody of himself. Why is he still hanging around trying to come back and compete at 35, on a 2 fight losing streak, coming off a devastating leg injury? That was his body telling him to quit. The perfect time to retire based on his own original career goals would have been either after the Mayweather fight or after the loss to Khabib.

After the Mayweather fight would have been the best for his mma legacy. He put up a decent showing against an all time great in an entirely different sport. He could have retired and it would have been left up in the air whether he could have beaten Khabib since he retired from mma on top of the world as a double champ.

But I understand why he took the Khabib fight. He had started his whiskey deal and needed a fight to promote it. That fight made sense because it was the biggest rivalry in mma history and he made the biggest mma salary of his career but why did he keep competing after that?

He's still getting Rich Homie.

When casuals stop paying for his fights he'll be out.

The goal was to ascend to the highest level of mma. He did that in 2 weight divisions and dethroned the absolute GOAT of fw who was previously up there with GSP, jones, Silva, fedor

The goal was to get rich. He has more
Money than anyone in mma except Dana.

Now the goal is to remain popular. He’s still all over ESPN, all over social media, still the most well-known MMA fighter, as a movie coming out with high-level stars

I feel like topics like these are like when guys ask why you only did 3 years in the military instead of 25.

He didn't know he also wanted the celebrity. He's got the money, but doesn't want to give up the limelight, so now we get Twitter Conor doing coke, punching mascots and trying desperately to find a fight he might win.

He's become a parody of himself. Why is he still hanging around trying to come back and compete at 35, on a 2 fight losing streak, coming off a devastating leg injury? That was his body telling him to quit. The perfect time to retire based on his own original career goals would have been either after the Mayweather fight or after the loss to Khabib.

After the Mayweather fight would have been the best for his mma legacy. He put up a decent showing against an all time great in an entirely different sport. He could have retired and it would have been left up in the air whether he could have beaten Khabib since he retired from mma on top of the world as a double champ.

But I understand why he took the Khabib fight. He had started his whiskey deal and needed a fight to promote it. That fight made sense because it was the biggest rivalry in mma history and he made the biggest mma salary of his career but why did he keep competing after that?

He did what he said, He got in, Got Rich, Got out.

Noticed he can still make money even after he's already rich.

IF people still pay you good money, why not?

Also, once you get a taste of Fame of such high degree, it gets addicting.

The goal was to ascend to the highest level of mma. He did that in 2 weight divisions and dethroned the absolute GOAT of fw who was previously up there with GSP, jones, Silva, fedor

The goal was to get rich. He has more
Money than anyone in mma except Dana.

Now the goal is to remain popular. He’s still all over ESPN, all over social media, still the most well-known MMA fighter, as a movie coming out with high-level stars

I feel like topics like these are like when guys ask why you only did 3 years in the military instead of 25.

are you only capable of reading 2 sentences?

Get in.

Get rich.

GET OUT

he's been doing it for the lulz since the Mayweather fight.

Ego. Both in that he craves the attention to feed it, and that he thinks he’s still capable of being as hungry as he was when he was fighting just to eat.

Hate him all you want, but he reached his goals and fights out of passion now, and to entertain

Not many people who go from rags to riches I a short time have the maturity or financial education to keep their money safe. He wants to project an image of wealth and success so has had to live an unsustainable lavish, Instagram lifestyle. Maybe one day sooner rather than later we will see the return of the days where he needs UFC more than they need him

This is just my opinion but I think he was essentially retired after the Mayweather fight. Khabib dragged him out and then after that fight Conor has been super bitter. Without that I think he was done with MMA and maybe would have boxed Pacquiao or Floyd rematch.

When are people going to smarten up and realise that there is a world of difference between what Conor says and what Conor does?

Fame is an intoxicating drug. Hell, simply just competing, let alone winning at the highest level, is enough to keep most adrenaline junkies coming back until their bodies fail them.

Well, he is out...got in, got rich and as of right now he is out of it, the man does appearances ring side in Saudi Arabia for money.

Well he did get out, he’s been inactive since he fought Mayweather in 2017. He’s still young so it’s not like he’s in his 40s fighting. He got rich for sure
best first response. he accomplished his goal and TS starts a thread about how he didn't actually do it.

double champ
retired by 35
multi- millionaire if not Billionaire by now

get in. get rich. get out

From what I can see, he got out of MMA six or seven years ago.

He didn't know he also wanted the celebrity. He's got the money, but doesn't want to give up the limelight, so now we get Twitter Conor doing coke, punching mascots and trying desperately to find a fight he might win.
I truly don't know how anyone can stand to be around Conor for very long, especially if you have to live with him like Dee. I would blow the fuck up.

Back