Why Cruickshank didn't get FOTN or KO of night?

muleskinner

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Who makes the decisions for the awards and why did Cruickshank not get a FOTN or KO of the night award? It was awesome. Or at least some special "Beat down of the night" lol

17129_cruish1.gif

13897_cruiko.gif

In my opinion both fighters should have got fight of the night.
I had the most fun watching this one, Kruckshank was beast and Martinez was a warrior.

It was my choice for FoTN. I think Yves got it because he KO'd Jeremy iron chin Stephens and no one was expecting that outcome

They should have done 2 KOTN's for this event like they sometimes do. Both were worthy of it imo.

hope he got a fat locker room bonus.

His fight was awesome and his KO the icing on the cake. Martinez is a warrior too.

Should have gotten fotn. They both made that fight interesting

Awesome fight. Definitely my choice for FOTN.

In my opinion both fighters should have got fight of the night.
I had the most fun watching this one, Kruckshank was beast and Martinez was a warrior.

Two have to be involved for FOTN. Martinez just basically took a beating... So, it wasnt much of a fight - more than a one sided clinc. I think TS is just caught up in watching Kru do his thing.

I'll ask him next time I see him. Maybe they told him he was getting a locker room bonus.

He was almost a shoe in, but I guess Dana and Lorenzo like Yves better I guess.

He should at least get a "I made Sportscenter Top 10" Bonus.

Yves got KOTN because it was awesome against a guy who had one of the best chins in MMA, and b) the UFC were always going to favour giving him a bonus as a way of saying thank you for hanging around during the whole Stephens in prison debacle.

Cruickshank should of got FOTN though as a consolation...no need to give Jorgensen two bonuses

i have no idea why he didnt get either. but i think he will be compensated in future fights. cant wait to see him fight again

Yves got KOTN because it was awesome against a guy who had one of the best chins in MMA, and b) the UFC were always going to favour giving him a bonus as a way of saying thank you for hanging around during the whole Stephens in prison debacle.

Cruickshank should of got FOTN though as a consolation...no need to give Jorgensen two bonuses

Agree with all of this

I hope Martinez got that Fabio Maldonado hospital bed bonus.

I thought it should have been KO of the Night for sure. That was brutal.

I agree; that was easily KO of the night and in my opinion, it was FOTN. Cruickshank looked awesome on the feet against a very underrated fighter in Henry Martinez. Obviously, he needs a little more seasoning under the bright lights but he's got the skillset to challenge Bendo in the future. Their skillsets are near mirror images: solid wrestling bases with TKD black belts. Bendo appears to be the far more powerful wrestler and grappler but Cruickshank's leg attacks are quite a bit more diverse. I was impressed.

PS I'm an automatic fanboy of anyone who busts out the Andy Hug spinning heel kick to the thigh.

I have been looking everywhere for this fight, I didn't get home from work in time to see the prelims... looks awesome from the GIFs

Back