Why are we so preoccupied with "goat" status?

DWAYNEAMERICA

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
Fedor, JJ, GSP, Anderson, Hughes, BJ, etc...all such masterful fighters. Why do we try so hard to diminish their achievements by obsessing about how they fair in the giant (unprovable) argument of what great fighter is best?

I get the idea of trying to quantify the greatest of all time, but why do we have to tear down fighters, and their fans, in order to make our point?

I am done with trashing the greats (which I'm guilty of in the past) just to give my argument more weight.

It's a gay buzzword idiots like to throw around to sound witty

It's human nature.

And, I don't trash the greats... Unless they pop. If they do pop. They instantly drop out of my GOAT conversations.

I really don't give a fuck, though. And, I'm finding myself caring less everyday.

The UFC marketing machine (Dana + Rogan) is hyping fights by labeling fighters "once in a lifetime", "#1 p4p", "GOAT", etc. And fans buy it even though the labels change almost every fight.

Because the majority of nuthuggers know deep down that their favourite fighter isn't GOAT, so they have to spam the forum attempting to prove otherwise so as to try to convince themselves.

It's one of the ego minds trap.

TheRassler is the greatest GOAT that's ever GOATED.

No I do. They once belonged to GSP, who clearly the GOAT. All the rest are pretenders and they wear pretender shoes.

No you don't man, I do. I have a pair of "after title fight" worn Fedor shoes. Right after his title unification bout against Arlovski in Affliction. 2 times the GOAT GSP ever was.

Fedor, JJ, GSP, Anderson, Hughes, BJ, etc...all such masterful fighters. Why do we try so hard to diminish their achievements by obsessing about how they fair in the giant (unprovable) argument of what great fighter is best?

I get the idea of trying to quantify the greatest of all time, but why do we have to tear down fighters, and their fans, in order to make our point?

I am done with trashing the greats (which I'm guilty of in the past) just to give my argument more weight.

Because people want their favorite fighter to be the best weather they are or not.

It's a gay buzzword idiots like to throw around to sound witty

It's hardly a gay buzzword. The gayest buzzword is 'nuthugger'. I mean who has ever actually hugged a guy's nuts? That's more gay surely?

No you don't man, I do. I have a pair of "after title fight" worn Fedor shoes. Right after his title unification bout against Arlovski in Affliction. 2 times the GOAT GSP ever was.

hah, see I know your lying, because, Russians don't wear shoes. Shoes are a french thing.

and a GOAT thing.

GSP goat

Why? Because sports fans love to obsess over and argue about the dumbest shit imaginable. Just look at all the different statistics you can find for each sport. The dumbest shit is kept track of. Sports shows talk about dumb shit like this endlessly. Plus, people have favorite fighters who they choose to represent over all others.

Only morons and rookies are preoccupied with it.

People are desperate to know who the world must be submissive too. It has happened throughout history over amd over again.

Back