Why a fighter's union must happen

The UFC doesnt want USADA. They have to have it to mitigate liability. because if someone is seriously hurt or dies they'd be sued for billions for negligence for knowingly let juiced fighter fight. You think they like all these injuries, low per year fight pace, and cost USADA brings? Hell no.

The clean fighters want it more. So no Union wont do shit about USADA.
no, they didn't hire USADA because of that at all. they contracted them and reebok to sell the ufc for 4 billion. and they did a great job at that. the fighters DON'T want USADA. it's all smoke and mirrors. you will see that IF an union ever happen they have a less strict testing

TS has no idea what he's talking about.

Logistics, desires, goals, nothing about a MMA Union.

no, they didn't hire USADA because of that at all. they contracted them and reebok to sell the ufc for 4 billion. and they did a great job at that. the fighters DON'T want USADA. it's all smoke and mirrors. you will see that IF an union ever happen they have a less strict testing

so getting rid of the dirty fighters isn't the goal.

so getting rid of the dirty fighters isn't the goal.
for the public image of the ufc, sure. getting "rid". but for the fighters no, they are dirty in their vast majority. at least it was like that pre-USADA. with an union they will want to go back to the time that it was easier to use PEDs. all this talk about drug testing is just for the media. they know how tough is to train without PEDs and they don't want any of that

usada is fine I like a clean sport.

That’s where our debate ends I suppose. I don’t feel like we have a clean sport, and I don’t think any professional sports league is clean.

for the public image of the ufc, sure. getting "rid". but for the fighters no, they are dirty in their vast majority. at least it was like that pre-USADA. with an union they will want to go back to the time that it was easier to use PEDs. all this talk about drug testing is just for the media. they know how tough is to train without PEDs and they don't want any of that
Exactly

Employers dictate the testing just like all other jobsites. Not the union. The union can contest the results, but it's not like a they can just stroll in and say "we're not doing drug tests anymore."

An employer can select hair follicle, urine analysis or whatever else they chose as a condition of employment.
the union and employer negotiate the terms of drug testing just like everything else in the contract.

the union and employer negotiate it in the contract.

Not in ours. I've read it front to back during a personal injury lawsuit over the last 3.5 years. Drug testing is at our clients discretion and ran by a third party.

Not in ours. I've read it front to back during a personal injury lawsuit over the last 3.5 years. Drug testing is at our clients discretion and ran by a third party.
your union already agreed to it.

then your union already agreed during negotiation that the company had that right.

I've never worked for a company, union or previous, where drug tests were not conditions of employment.

I've never worked for a company, union or previous, where drug tests were not conditions of employment.
Yes and the drug policy is in the contract, the contract is negotiated by the union if there is a union. During negotiation the union could agree that the company has the right to institute any drug policy they wish at any time but that would not be typical.

Yes and the drug policy is in the contract, the contract is negotiated by the union if there is a union. During negotiation the union could agree that the company has the right to institute any drug policy they wish at any time but that would not be typical.

The opposite is not typical in my trade and the many states I've worked in.

what we really need is for the ali act to be extended to mma

It is the only way to get rid of USADA. This would be beneficial to both sides.

LOL
FIghter union would go hand in hand with USADA.
they don't want fighters playing dirty either.
they will defend him from abusive penalties and could even provide legal support, but they would not stop the UFC from checking if fighter is dirty or not.

Back