Whoelse has been in 2 consecutive back n forth wars like this, and came out victorious?

Some youtube interview Big John talked in depth about reffing this fight, was concerned with the amount of blood going into Rory’s lungs or something, was really interesting.
I watched that. Good interview indeed. It makes us pay attention to certain aspects and details of the fight we normally don´t. I understood a little more why some fights change dramatically after a busted nose.

Hendo fought Fedor then Shogun.

His Shogun fight was a definite war like Rory v Robbie. His Fedor fight was a war too imo, it just ended earlier.

Hendo fought Fedor then Shogun.

His Shogun fight was a definite war like Rory v Robbie. His Fedor fight was a war too imo, it just ended earlier.
Very good pick! Damn, that Hendo Shogun fight definitely one of my all time favourite fights!

There are a lot of guys who have been in consecutive wars in MMA, but not a lot that won both...

Martin Kampmann- Rick Story/Thiago Alves/Ellenberger (you can definitely argue that he beat Diego Sanchez as well, making it 4 in a row)

Dan Henderson- Feijao/Fedor/Shogun

Shogun Rua- Overeem and Lil Nog

Carlos Condit- Jake Ellenberger and Rory MacDonald

Nick Diaz- Cyborg and Daley

Shogun should have had a draw with hendo the first time and then he beat vera in another war right after that

Robbie didn't win that Condit fight<mma3>
Both were phenomenal fights regardless<{JustBleed}>
Lawler actually got pretty good at fooling the judges there with his last round flurries. I didn’t think he ever beat Hendricks either. (Was glad he did though)

Condit himself has been in some very memorable wars.

I've rewatched his fights with Kampmann and Burger many, many times. The kampmann fight is one of the best ufc debut fights ever imo.

Junior Dos Santos fought Hunt and Stipe back to back. Hunt fought JDS and then Bigfoot. All were wars.

Lawler actually got pretty good at fooling the judges there with his last round flurries. I didn’t think he ever beat Hendricks either. (Was glad he did though)
Robbie is fucking awesome, don't get me wrong. Everything you said above is accurate though. Even about beating Hendricks<{coachie}>

Junior Dos Santos fought Hunt and Stipe back to back. Hunt fought JDS and then Bigfoot. All were wars.
Good call on both JDS and Hunt. Hunt-Bigfoot 1 is one of my favorite fights ever

Joe Lauzon every single fight is a war for the kid

a-for-effort.gif

I've rewatched his fights with Kampmann and Burger many, many times. The kampmann fight is one of the best ufc debut fights ever imo.

I remember that one being very close, thinking Condit won.

I remember that one being very close, thinking Condit won.
I did too, but the fight was so good it was hard to get mad about it. Constant sweeps, scrambles, and sub/gnp attempts by both guys on the ground, then a technical brawl on the feet. Still one of my top ten favorite fights ever.

Guy is amazing. Most would´ve just "thumbs up" or stay quiet. Lawler goes "I FEEL FUCKING GREAT" Jesus fucking Christ!
He truly relishes the violence in a sadistic sort of way.....I can relate and it is one of the reasons why Robbie is the just bleed goat followed closely by prime wandy

Back