Who you got?: Anderson Silva vs Yoel Romero

Silva. Even today. The biggest issue, aside from his chin that Anderson has had has been his output. It's so low, but so is Romero's.

Yoel isn't aggressive on the TD, hasn't been in a five rounder, and honestly, would probably lose a decision to Anderson.

Remember, he lost two rounds to Brunson.

Romero would kill any version of Anderson

The main problem here is that Silva struggled with wrestlers before like Chael Sonnen. But Chael was really one dimensional fighter, he lacks knockout power and explosiveness. Yoe has almost unbelievable physical talents. Dude basically looks and moves like superhero from comics and he can fly - last time he flew over Weidman's head.

Chael is a worse match up for the spider than Yoel. Chael is far more aggressive with the takedown, he has a smothering top game, and higher output.

Romero sits on the outside, allows himself to get outworked, and has been lucky enough to land low percentage strikes to win fights he was losing.

Forget Primes Anderson because that's a clear win for the Spider, and talk old man Anderson.

I think it's competitive. Anderson's big issue today is that his output is so low, but Romero's is just as bad.

Brunson took two rounds off him. It's not crazy to think Anderson does too. He's also got length, he doesn't shoot, he stays on the outside, has more creative striking, and strong defensive BJJ off his back.

In fact, there's a strong case to be made for Bisping out pointing Romero. People are getting abit hyperbolic when it comes to the Cuban and overlooking his obvious flaws.

Was the brunson fight on short noticed? Anderson look like crap, way worst than the Bisping fight. He also gassed, which he rarely does.

Romero takes him down at will i think

My how quickly people forget just how good prime Anderson Silva was. Memories of goldfish.

To answer, Anderson finishes him. Silva was a far better striker and he was great a neutralizing strikes when he did get taken down. It would look very similar to Anderson/Cormier for about the first two rounds. Prime Anderson had fantastic cardio. He'd finish a winded Romero inside of three or four rounds.

Tim Kennedy literally grabbed onto his glove and wouldn't let go for dear life, creating the opening that led to him rocking Romero.

That's not a good example. I'd say that Brunson being up 2-0 before the finish and Jacare taking him to a extremely close decision are better examples of him being beatable.

Not really. My point was that he effectively got TKO'd by a mediocre striker with mediocre power. If the punches of Tim Kennedy can hurt Yoel so badly, what would the punches of prime Anderson Silva do? As shown with the shorts-holding in the Sonnen rematch, Anderson is capable of some nefarious tactics in order to land shots, just like Kennedy did. By the same token, I dont care if Tim Kennedy is holding gloves or not, he aint effectively TKO'ing prime Anderson. Romero showed vulnerability in that fight that prime Anderson both did not have, and would be willing and able to exploit.

DC is terribly sloppy at improving his position while on top and he also has some bad habits like resting his arms where he shouldn't.

Prime Silva was no better on the ground than current day Silva. His TDD is actually better now than when he was in his prime.
Completely disagree on Cormier and I think his top dominance and lack of being subbed would be evidence of that, but agree on Silva's TDD being better now.

Right now Romero would get a ground and pound (T)KO. As for prime Silva vs Romero, I have no idea. It could go either way; Anderson by KO or Romero by decision.

Back