Who wins? Current Jones vs Alex Pereira.

Jones couldn't even finish Anthony Smith five years ago, went to a split decision with Thiago Santos, and barely scraped by Dominick Reyes. A win over an over-hyped Gane has fooled people into thinking he is back. Let's be real here, Pereira would have beaten Prime Jon Jones. The sport is constantly evolving, and Jones was impressive 10 years ago against relics of the previous era. When the competition caught up, he looked mediocre. Pereira is part of the new generation, and no version of Jones would stand a chance against him.

Any version of Jones takes him down and finishes him. Alex might be "improving" but how do we know it's meaningful against one of the best wrestlers in the UFC?

Jones couldn't even finish Anthony Smith five years ago, went to a split decision with Thiago Santos, and barely scraped by Dominick Reyes. A win over an over-hyped Gane has fooled people into thinking he is back. Let's be real here, Pereira would have beaten Prime Jon Jones. The sport is constantly evolving, and Jones was impressive 10 years ago against relics of the previous era. When the competition caught up, he looked mediocre. Pereira is part of the new generation, and no version of Jones would stand a chance against him.

I'll take the Jones who barely scraped by Reyes over the Pereira who barely scraped by Blachowicz, and I'll take the Jones who couldn't even finish Anthony Smith over the Pereira who got knocked the fuck out by Izzy.

But decent trolling.

I have a feeling this fight will end up happening. Prime Jones beats Alex obviously but the guy is definitely not in his prime while Alex is, or at least isn't too far removed. Who do you think wins? Jones submitted Gane easily but I doubt submitting Alex will be as easy as the guy is definitely improving his ground game. Also, given how long Jones has been fighting and how his wrestling mostly failed against Reyes and Santos, I don't think Jones can implement a grappling heavy game for too long.
On the feet, Alex is definitely better but I don't think he can win a decision against Jones and has to knock him out. Dangerous left hook but I just cannot see Jones getting knocked out.
Fuck man. This match up is actually hype.
Jon would make the Gane fight look harder vs periera lol

Jones subs him faster than Gane.

Alex wouldn't even be considered a noteworthy contender in Jones prime at LHW if we're being honest.
Please, Thiago Santos and Smith fought for the LHW belt...even a MW coming off 2 losses competed for that belt. Alex is above these guys.

Last edited:
Trains with Glover and did fine against Jiri and Jan. Meanwhile, aside from Jones, Gane was wrestled and controlled by Francis, lmao.

Jan was gassing quickly though because it was at high altitude.

If it stays on the feet Alex wins, grappling and wresting is where Jones wins.

Two calf-kicks and Jons shooting

Alex would be one intercepting-knee from goat goat

The moment Jon ducks under the right hand, shoots for the double and dumps Pereira onto the ground. That’s a wrap. I love Stoatan but there are levels to this game.

I mean it’s very possible Alex puts him out early. But if he doesn’t, it will be a bad bad night for Alex on the ground eating hellbows

Jones couldn't even finish Anthony Smith five years ago, went to a split decision with Thiago Santos, and barely scraped by Dominick Reyes. A win over an over-hyped Gane has fooled people into thinking he is back. Let's be real here, Pereira would have beaten Prime Jon Jones. The sport is constantly evolving, and Jones was impressive 10 years ago against relics of the previous era. When the competition caught up, he looked mediocre. Pereira is part of the new generation, and no version of Jones would stand a chance against him

Gane has only lost to elite fighterz like Ngannou and Jones. I'm not even sure that Alex would beat Cyril ; size matters.

And lol at "the sport is evolving" when Alex isn't even as well rounded that 23 yo prime Jones.

Alex ends him in the first round. In kickboxing.
In mma, it would maybe be competitive for about a minute, unless Alex made some crazy progress and Jon went downhill fast in the last year.

I agree but I don't think Jones is in his prime anymore and I definitely think Alex is more competent on the ground than Gane. Doesn't Gane only train when he has a fight?

I’m with you on this. How is the BJJ black belt worse than Gane? Understand that there’s white belts who are excellent MMA grapplers, and BJJ is scorned in this current neckbeard wrestling era, but Alex’s sub defense has held up so far.

Many here think that Vettori would have tested Alex on the ground better, and perhaps this is true. Gane actually has submission wins on his record, but the level of competition has to be considered.

Not saying that Jones couldn’t sub Alex, I just predict that he’d have to work for it and maybe soften him up with some gn’p first.

Jones subs him faster than Gane.

Alex wouldn't even be considered a noteworthy contender in Jones prime at LHW if we're being honest.

lol. More noteworthy than Gustafsson who a prime Jones went life and death with.

Gane has only lost to elite fighterz like Ngannou and Jones. I'm not even sure that Alex would beat Cyril ; size matters.

And lol at "the sport is evolving" when Alex isn't even as well rounded that 23 yo prime Jones.
Gane loses to every guy who has less than basic wrestling, like alex he was tested but unlike alex he was dominated by a bad wrestler like ngannou.

I know that we could finally have an answer to the eternal question: what will happen if someone kicks Jones's matchestick legs?

Back