Who were your first favorite players in each sport?

I moved away in 84 and back for a year in 89. I lived all over. Livonia, Milford, Walled Lake
My sister lives in Northville and I drive up to Walled Lake when I want to stop by the dispensary. I was just there over Easter. Small world

My sister lives in Northville and I drive up to Walled Lake when I want to stop by the dispensary. I was just there over Easter. Small world
my sister lived in northville years ago. I have only been back once in 30 years (to see a u of m game). not sure where everyone left in michigan is. i know some are in taylor and others in livonia

my sister lived in northville years ago. I have only been back once in 30 years (to see a u of m game). not sure where everyone left in michigan is. i know some are in taylor and others in livonia
I got a soft spot for Blimpy Burger right by the stadium

Born in 1991 started to get into watching sports in the late 90s early 2000s always was a NBA/NFL/MLB
MLB- Chipper Jones/Andruw Jones
NBA- Tracy Mcgrady
NFL- Ladainian Tomlinson/Steve Smith Sr

I've never really had favourite athlete, more just favourite performances.

Sterling Moss at the Mille Miglia is one if the best:

Rob Blake
John Elway
Greg Maddux
Magic Johnson
Tiger Woods
Pete Sampras
Gary Goodridge

NHL - Gordie Howe
NFL - Joe Namath
Baseball - Reggie Jackson
CFL - Ron Lancaster
Tennis - Llie Nastase
Golf - Jack Nicklaus
Boxing - Ali
MMA - Ken Shamrock
Racing - Al Unser
NBA - Kareem

NFL - Joe Montana, Lawrence Taylor
MLB - Nolan Ryan, later Ken Griffey Jr
NBA - Jordan
NHL - Patrick Roy, Dominik Hasek

Griffey had a such a smooth swing, loved watching him at bat.
Favorite part about hockey are those amazing saves.

MLB-Ken Griffey Jr
NBA-John Stockton
NFL-Barry Sanders
NHL-Ray Bourque

MLB- I was a big fan of Greg Maddux when I was a kid. He just had that aura of a nerd who would make you look foolish.
NFL- Polamalu, hands down. Was a treat always having him or Ed Reed on the field during Ravens games, apex safeties.
NBA- Vince Carter, just a huge presence in Toronto sports when I was in high school.
NHL- Super Mario, no one really comes close. Love Marian Gaborik in the early 2000s, he was the slickest player in the League after Datsyuk, I even had the McFarlane figure.

MLB - Chipper Jones & Hank Aaron
NFL - Mike Alstott
NHL - Steve Yzerman & Paul Coffey
Soccer - Thierry Henry
NBA - Lol don't care

MLB - Ken Griffey Jr.
NFL - Dan Marino
NBA - Michael Jordan, Allen Iverson
NHL - John Leclair
Football (soccer) - Michel Platini (when i was young), Zizedine Zidane + Thierry Henry.
Boxing - Tyson
Tennis - Michael Chang, Roger Federer

NHL: Mario Lemieux. Being a left-winger, I eventually got biased and started loving Jaromir Jagr and Sergei Federov, but Super Mario was my first favorite player. I even had some skinny little biography book about him that I'd read over and over.

MLB: Ken Griffey, Jr. I was a lefty, so I loved seeing a lefty slugger. I also had SNES and N64, and his baseball games were the best.

NBA: Michael Jordan.
Most sane people should say MJ, but as a Chicagoan, there's no other answer.

NFL: Barry Sanders. Never been a fan of the sport, but I've always been a huge fan of Barry Sanders, thanks mostly to my obsessive playing of NFL Quarterback Club 94.

Football - Ronaldo (original one)

Hockey - Mario Lemieux

Tennis - Federer

Larry Bird - watching him and Celtics lead to appreciating Danny Ainge.
Bird-For-3-scaled.jpg

Ken Shamrock - didn't take long to become frustrated with him and then totally disillusioned.
images

Andre Agassi - he was equally glorious and frustrating to watch. Haven't followed tennis since.
tennis-star-andre-agassi.jpg

David Beckham
Legends-Profile_David-Beckham1523461107483.jpg

Back