Who should Zabit fight at Ufc 223?

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Ufc 223 features a bunch of compelling match ups but flying under the radar is the return of maybe the UFC's best prospect. After 2 victories over Ufc Noobs who should he face next?

He's asking for Artem but id like to see him get some kind of challenge. It's too early for Zabit to face top 10 or even top 20 talent.

Chas Skelly- durable veteran top
Andre Fili-talented fighter hit and miss performance wise
Gabriel Benitez- coming off big win over Jason Knight
Mizuto Hirota- former fringe top 10 lw. Tuf Japan winner (kind of)
Felipe Arantes- perennial top 20 fw gatekeeper

All make sense, all would get killed

I'd rather see him get Artem than a challenge.

Artem is fighting Bruce Leeroy already. I just want to see him fight anybody at this point, dude is a spectacle in the cage.

Well, Shaymon Moraes is a “noob” to the ufc but definitely not to MMA, that was a solid test. I say Zabit vs Jason Knight next

Well, Shaymon Moraes is a “noob” to the ufc but definitely not to MMA, that was a solid test. I say Zabit vs Jason Knight next

Knights lost a couple in a row and looked lost on the ground last fight. Zabit would steamroll him. I'd at least like to see him face someone coming off a couple wins

Knights lost a couple in a row and looked lost on the ground last fight. Zabit would steamroll him. I'd at least like to see him face someone coming off a couple wins
I think the match up makes sense regardless of wins and losses. Knight was in pretty high regard before his last two fights.

im tired of talented foriegn fighters being coddled and not thrust into the spotlight.

Especially if there is a show in September in Russia.

Zabit vs Yair

Winner gets into a # contender fight for the title.

Yair is not a option, Hirota is fighting someone at Perth and Fili is fighting Bermudez. Benitez has no ground game and average TDD, wouldn't test anything of Zabit game so not a good idea imo. Arantes would be a step down in competition.

Skelly is a solid fighter, good test, but i'd go with someone ranked 8-15, Myles Jury comes to mind and i think is a good fight, ranking wise makes sense since they're both 12-18 and are well rounded fighters.

im tired of talented foriegn fighters being coddled and not thrust into the spotlight.

Especially if there is a show in September in Russia.

Zabit vs Yair

Winner gets into a # contender fight for the title.
Yeah let's rush another prospect without any good reason..

FW is stacked with contenders like Ortega, Emmett, Elkins and good gatekeepers who are always 1-2 wins away from titleshots like Stephens, Swanson and Lamas, UFC can build Zabit AND Yair properly, matching one against the other and then the winner against a top guy would be dumb ASF. Shelby already shut down that idea, he said they won't make that fight now.

Last edited:
Ok, so what’s the point of talking about 223 if he can’t even fight on it?
Look at thread title - Who should Zabit fight at Ufc 223?. You mentioned Allen and I explained that I'm not sure that he can fight at this event because of visa issues.

Someone like Myles Jury would be awesome actually and a proper test.

Moicano is top 15 with a win over stephens, but fresh off a close fight with Ortega. It would be a good step up for Zabit. Other options are Yair, Alex Volkanovski, and Bektic.

Back