Elections Who Should Run Against Trump in 2020?

Who should run against Trump

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cuban for sure. He has a libertarian streak and understands the economy.
I like Cuban and think he's a smart guy and is also practical, but I think we should learn our lesson with Trump with just one respect: experience matters. And not business experience, experience in politics. Republicans control everything and yet have not passed any meaningful policy. We'll see if that changes, but inexperience is showing.

I like Cuban and think he's a smart guy and is also practical, but I think we should learn our lesson with Trump with just one respect: experience matters. And not business experience, experience in politics. Republicans control everything and yet have not passed any meaningful policy. We'll see if that changes, but inexperience is showing.
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but of all the names listed, he's the only one even remotely appealing to me.

are the pictures you put up really the people that you think dems want? lol

elizabeth warren is a dem favorite right now
hillary wasnt popular at any time in the last 10 years.....she was only preferable to trump
bernie could beat trump i think. has enough populism on his side.

Clinton's favorability was at 66% in 2012. Only started coming down with the pre-election smear campaign. Bernie's numbers look better because the GOP was trying to divide and conquer with the left and that entailed praising him so many Republicans have good impressions of him. That would change in a general election, when they'd suddenly discover that he's an evil monster. Warren seems to be the most popular Democratic politician, and the right has already been trying to smear her so some of that is priced in. I think with the disaster that Trump has been, people will be looking for someone who is the opposite--calm, rational, intelligent, experienced. Surprised that there isn't more of a push for O'Malley, who was the best candidate in 2016. Kaine also seems good to be the anti-Trump. I like Brown--doing a great job here and obviously very experienced. But too old.

Not Hillary

My pick is for Tulsi Gabbard .

She is principled. She supported Sanders instead of backing the Clinton clique within the Dem party.
She took the inniative and stepped down as Vice Chair of the DNC because of her support for Sanders.

Gabbard would probably be better than Trump, but I think her ethical issues and lack of intelligence, education and experience would make her a really bad president. Also, with the stench of Russia over Trump, it would make no sense to have another candidate compromised by Russian influence.

Last edited:
A transgender named Hillary Obama. Sure that dude would win in a landslide.

easily the rock at this point in time in american politics.

I vote dwayne elizondo mountain dew herbert camacho

The Dems are going to run Kalama Harris because she's black, female, and approved by Obama. That's all they need

A transgender named Hillary Obama. Sure that dude would win in a landslide.

Barack will finally reach his final form and ascend to American God King

Obabo.jpg

obabo_by_stewmoney-d75r5r6.png

Gabbard or Bullock would result in me voting democrat again (esp against Trump). Most of those listed would have me voting third party or sitting at home.

There are a lot of loud voices in the Democratic party today. Bernie Sanders is out because he has registered Independent and will likely run as an Independent if he does run again. Who is your ideal Democratic candidate? Who is the dynamic character the Democratic party needs? If you don't have a person in mind, what are you looking for in a candidate?

Someone who cusses a lot and promotes resistance?
th

Someone who calls for impeachment without evidence of a crime?
Maxine-Waters.jpg

Someone who buys power in her party?
th

Someone who can fake cry on demand to manipulate voters?
th

Someone who endorses illegal leaks of government information for political purposes?
malcolm_nance.jpg

Someone who lives in the past?
th

Someone else?
f0550b270db798712d24727035432b3d1d7dd31e861ff4547ec90831679a6513.jpg

Clinton's favorability was at 66% in 2012. Only started coming down with the pre-election smear campaign. Bernie's numbers look better because the GOP was trying to divide and conquer with the left and that entailed praising him so many Republicans have good impressions of him. That would change in a general election, when they'd suddenly discover that he's an evil monster. Warren seems to be the most popular Democratic politician, and the right has already been trying to smear her so some of that is priced in. I think with the disaster that Trump has been, people will be looking for someone who is the opposite--calm, rational, intelligent, experienced. Surprised that there isn't more of a push for O'Malley, who was the best candidate in 2016. Kaine also seems good to be the anti-Trump. I like Brown--doing a great job here and obviously very experienced. But too old.

The divide and conquer of the left happened within the Democratic Party.

Gabbard would probably be better than Trump, but I think her ethical issues and lack of intelligence, education and experience would make her a really bad president. Also, with the stench of Russia over Trump, it would make no sense to have another candidate compromised by Russian influence.
What are the ethical issues? Why do you think she lacks intelligence? What is this Russian influence?

She is a Veteran, that is a positive for her . She is appealing to the anti-war and non-interventionist segments of the American public. Clinton lost to Obama in large part because she supported the Iraq war whereas Obama opposed it.

What are the ethical issues? Why do you think she lacks intelligence? What is this Russian influence?

Lots of ethical issues. Big one is here (and ties in with the other question):

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/tulsi-gabbard-secret-syria-trip-233762
https://www.lawfareblog.com/legal-analysis-rep-tulsi-gabbards-trip-syria

Also this (not as big a deal, but it illustrates her pattern):

https://medium.com/@ pplswar/tulsi-gabbards-flip-flop-on-trump-russia-investigation-cc-timkmak-c1ffc639fac9

I think if you listen to her speak, you can see she's not that bright. Doesn't have much of an education.

She is a Veteran, that is a positive for her . She is appealing to the anti-war and non-interventionist segments of the American public. Clinton lost to Obama in large part because she supported the Iraq war whereas Obama opposed it.

I get that others see it that way, but her being a veteran means nothing at all to me. Lots of shitty posters here are veterans. I don't see "non-interventionist" as being a meaningful term. No one supports intervention for the fun of it. The question is just what you think justifies what response. I don't have any confidence in her judgment.

Again, I would probably support her over Trump, but it would be sad for America if the other candidate is significantly better.

I picked the Rock because if conservatives get to vote for inexperienced ineffectual Presidents so can I.

Lots of ethical issues. Big one is here (and ties in with the other question):

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/tulsi-gabbard-secret-syria-trip-233762
https://www.lawfareblog.com/legal-analysis-rep-tulsi-gabbards-trip-syria

Also this (not as big a deal, but it illustrates her pattern):

https://medium.com/@ pplswar/tulsi-gabbards-flip-flop-on-trump-russia-investigation-cc-timkmak-c1ffc639fac9

I think if you listen to her speak, you can see she's not that bright. Doesn't have much of an education.

I get that others see it that way, but her being a veteran means nothing at all to me. Lots of shitty posters here are veterans. I don't see "non-interventionist" as being a meaningful term. No one supports intervention for the fun of it. The question is just what you think justifies what response. I don't have any confidence in her judgment.

Again, I would probably support her over Trump, but it would be sad for America if the other candidate is significantly better.

Yeah, I don't see how enrolling in a cradle to grave social welfare program that the military has become somehow makes your opinion anymore credible than someone who doesn't.

There are certainly some individuals with relevant and practical military experience, but for every one that exists there's probably 1000 or more that didn't become suddenly more valuable just for being in the military.

Back