Who Should Platinum Mike Perry Fight Next?

I think he's two, maybe three wins away from a title shot...so next should probably be someone around the 8-12 ranked range, then keep working his way up after that...

I like the Matt Brown idea, but he's on the decline, and I don't think it improves Perry's ranking as much as beating a fellow up and coming contender...
I can't see him getting much respect here for beating Brown no matter how brutal a KO he scores, the haters have already forgotten about Perry vs Ellenberger and they're back to referencing the Jouban fight like this one never happened. Can't believe they have the cheek to keep accusing us of forgetting that loss.

Fighting brown is worse than ellenberger. He needs to be built the right way. I say give him Thiago Alves

It's tricky, as a Perry fan I genuinely think he's the toughest guy in the division who has the strongest will.

Steady improvements in his striking+takedown defense combined with the aging top 10 gives MP a shot of getting that belt. There's lots of ways to beat Mike though- bad cardio, poor striking defense, not a top level grappler, susceptibility to kicks.

Right now it's hard to predict- I think Ellengberger is made for Mike and with Jouban he fought a terrible fight and didn't get into it. It's tough to gauge how good he is at this point.

I think that a fight vs. Magny or Gunnar Nelson would make sense at this point. He has already murdered 2 unranked guys and he recently murdered the 13. ranked Jake Ellenberger. That belt is waiting for them black belt hands to take it.
I agree, I would like to see him kill Magny.

Kamaru Usman or Thiago Alves

Called it:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/7/...s-hector-lombard-anthony-smith-ufc-pittsburgh

A couple of matchups scheduled for a now-scrapped August 19th show have been rescheduled for the UFC’s return to Pittsburgh, PA on September 16th. MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani reported on Wednesday that welterweights Mike Perryand Thiago Alves, as well as middleweights Hector Lombard and Anthony Smith have been added to the lineup.

Back