Who should Mayweather be fighting instead of McGregor?

LOL ya his potential has already been reached. At 40 its only down hill

I truly believe Floyd still has what it takes to compete with the best and try one more win against the winner of Canelo or Golovkin before he finally retires.

Lol and PBFCSC pleading for Mayweather to stay retired...so fearful for him and his 0.

GGG
Thurman
Errol Spence
Manny

Mayweather still looks sharp as hell...

You PBFCSC pussies need to let him bang

Stay retired mate, you GOAT. No need to lace those gloves.

Pretty boy Floyd cock suck club.

Ah, I still side with him staying retired or not messing with the current top pool of fighters. They're all lining up to fight each other. If you throw May in the mix, all the guys hold out for a potential payday.

Ah, I still side with him staying retired or not messing with the current top pool of fighters. They're all lining up to fight each other. If you throw May in the mix, all the guys hold out for a potential payday.

That's actually a valid point...

Unfortunately, most of the PBFCSC don't want to see Mayweather lose....ever, at anything...they literally revere this guy.

ATG boxer...

But without question worst fan base in sports history...

Including conors fans

As far as im concerned Floyd is still retired.... If they wanted the Mcgregor bout to be interesting they would have done it under Kickboxing or MMA rules.... We know what will happen under pure boxing rules lol.

He obviously wants to break Rocky Marciano record. So I see where he's coming from. Plus the money is just too good to pass for something that seems like an easy payday.

Maxed out earnings. Underwhelming career. Great news for the Mayweather clan but not so much for legacy.

Exactly, he is a legend for sure but his 49-0 is deceptive as fuck, there are fighters with losses with much respected careers. His most difficult opponents were Oscar (very acceptable) Maidana and Castillo and I believe he lost to castillo much in the way I believe chavez lost to whitaker.

There's always a bit of an asterisk on every important win. Like.. He beat manny! ... 8 years after it mattered when he had already being knocked out and even lost to bradley.
He beat Cotto! After he had already been destroyed by margarito. Who he never fought btw.
He knocked out Ortiz!...right.
He beat Guerrero..... who?
He beat Berto.... a lifetime after it mattered.
He beat Canelo... when he was sitll not in his prime and we know Floyd would never give a chance to Canelo now, but he does to Conor...wtf?

I am not saying he doesn't have big wins.
He beat Oscar, even if I saw that fight as a draw.
He beat undefeated Hatton
He demolished Corrales who was a monster and undefeated at the time.

Still, his career as a whole is more impressive from an actual business standpoint than a fighter's stand point.

But as a whole, one can't help but be impressed about what he accomplished in the sport financially, his boxing IQ and his cardio. The guy is a machine. I just think his actual boxing career and boxing matches lack a lot of quality fights and in their prime opponents.

That's my view as a completely neutral boxing fan, It's not like I make money of Floyd winning or losing. When I was a young kid I had favorites, boxing posters and my desktop computer background had lennox lewis pictures, barrera, hammed, morales, lopez, etc. Then I grew older and I started liking the sport for what it is and not caring too much about who wins what.

I admire the fuck out of Floyd but when I see his career as a whole I just can't help to think we were cheated out of many great battles if he just didn't care about money so damned much.

Oh and I am def watching Conor vs Floyd, are you kidding me? It's gona suck but it's going to be like going to the circus. I pay money for the circus so why not this?

That's actually a valid point...

Unfortunately, most of the PBFCSC don't want to see Mayweather lose....ever, at anything...they literally revere this guy.

ATG boxer...

But without question worst fan base in sports history...

Including conors fans

I don't know if it's the worst. I think it sucks like any other does.

I think the most annoying thing about Floyd's fans in this forum, is not so much that they are overprotective with him,
but that they think of him as an invincible superman.

A month ago some of them were claiming Floyd would easily outbox Marvin Hagler.

Anyone who has proved they are a welterweight contender. Not some random voicebox.

I'd say Crawford at 140 but I would also like to see a rematch with Canelo. The safest fight would definitely Pacquiao 2 it could generate huge PPV's.
PAC 2 would generate less than 1 mil, youndont understand how pisses off the casuals were after actually seeing how mayweather fights

GGG. I'd like to see Mayweather attempt the impossible and lose badly. Be nice to see him get beat up for a change. It's probably better that he stayed retired than take that fight.

The winner of GGG-Canelo, of which I expect (not hope) to be GGG. I've predicted for the last two years that Golovkin would be his 50th opponent, likely after he earned a great dose of publicity for stopping and defeating Canelo. As it is, I still expect it to happen, only after the Conor fight.

Back