Who should get the next shot at the B.M.F belt against Max?

Well the reason I'm against it is a lot of Oliveira fans think he's in some McGregor status where he can just get the "big fights" now, there's more Oliveira fans talking about him in a BMF title fight vs Max than there are talking about him vs Gamrot which is much more realistic. I see what's in it for Oliveira but there's nothing in it for Max.

It's because he's the definition of a BMF. One of the most exciting fighters to watch and has been around forever, former champ and humble guy who isn't a diva. I don't know what you mean by nothing in it for Max, Oliveira is ranked second in the division, outside of Islam he's probably the biggest fight at LW (not counting unranked Conor's star status).

Well the reason I'm against it is a lot of Oliveira fans think he's in some McGregor status where he can just get the "big fights" now, there's more Oliveira fans talking about him in a BMF title fight vs Max than there are talking about him vs Gamrot which is much more realistic. I see what's in it for Oliveira but there's nothing in it for Max.

Like I've said before, if Max's realistic options in the near future are either a title shot at 145, 155, or a BMF title defense vs the McGregor/Chandler winner, then the Oliveira fight is a complete joke as far as what is best option would be and his manager would be doing a terrible job for him to line that up given the alternatives.
Charles said in a recent interview that we will see him soon back in action, which probably means Gamrot.
But he is also willing to go up to 170 for a special fight or fight Max for the BMF belt if needed, to the delight of all you haters.

It's because he's the definition of a BMF. One of the most exciting fighters to watch and has been around forever, former champ and humble guy who isn't a diva. I don't know what you mean by nothing in it for Max, Oliveira is ranked second in the division, outside of Islam he's probably the biggest fight at LW (not counting unranked Conor's star status).

Gaethje was already #2 or #3 at LW when Holloway beat him, and look where he ended up in the rankings. #9 at LW. I imagine they don't want to move him up any higher becase there's no point in him clogging up a top 5 spot if he's not even committed to the division. So as far as a fight up the rankings who knows if Max would even get a top 5 spot if he beat him.

Of course there's "something" in the fight for Max, of course he gets something out of defending the BMF title vs a high profile opponent, just like Gaethje did. But like I said, out of the 3 other options I mentioned + the Charles option, taking a fight vs Charles is clearly worse than the others.

Like I've said before, if Max's realistic options in the near future are either a title shot at 145, 155, or a BMF title defense vs the McGregor/Chandler winner, then the Oliveira fight is a complete joke as far as what is best option would be and his manager would be doing a terrible job for him to line that up given the alternatives.

I think it's talked about so much vs Max because it's just a great match up on paper. I mean we can't really argue this could be among the best BMF fights to make. Both guys bring it hard and put on beyond exciting fights. So I think from the perspective it's a great fight. And they have history.

I think for Olivera there aren't too many fights at LW aside from Gamrot, which contender wise is the best fight you can make at LW, pretty much the only fight now. But it seems not too many fans are asking for it as it's not the most exciting.

I think as a star and star value Olivera is right up there with Dustin, Justin and Max. But yes, he's no McGregor, thats for sure.

As for Max, that is right. There are better options for him. There is the title shot at FW vs Ilia if that works out. And a title shot at LW would be huge, but he's not gonna get that now and would need another win at LW. The Conor fight would be massive, but the winner of Conor/Chandler is not fighting Max for BMF, they're gonna get a different fight, for McGregor it's likey a title shot. And if Chanlder wins, who knows. So the bigger fights you're talking about, aside from Ilia I don't see them lining up for him. So he really doesn't have that many high profile options. Yes, Ilia, Conor, Islam are bigger fights no doubt, but only 1 is realisitc I think.

I think for Max the route would be Ilia and get the FW strap. But aside from that, I think the next best fight is Olivera cause with a W that leads right into a title shot at 155. I think by then Islam will likley be at WW and LW belt would be open. I think his management should see that.

Charles said in a recent interview that we will see him soon back in action, which probably means Gamrot.
But he is also willing to go up to 170 for a special fight or fight Max for the BMF belt if needed, to the delight of all you haters.

Of course Charles should take whatever the best option is presented to him, that's his job.

But he keeps talking about stuff that isn't going to happen, including fighting McGregor lol. UFC isn't going to offer him "special fights" at 170 or a McGregor fight, anyone who is realistic knows that.

If Conor wins, then definitely Conor assuming Max doesn't fight Topuria first.

The Spaniard Ilia Topuria. Must be one heck of fight against Max.

Of course Charles should take whatever the best option is presented to him, that's his job.

But he keeps talking about stuff that isn't going to happen, including fighting McGregor lol. UFC isn't going to offer him "special fights" at 170 or a McGregor fight, anyone who is realistic knows that.
He keeps talking and fooling you, because this all keeps him in the talks. 😂 It’s all just bluff.
He knows Conor will never accept that fight and he has said it many times in several interviews.

I don't think anyone should be the reigning, defending BMF. Instead, it should be more like you can become the 2 time, 3 time, etc BMF.

The winner of Islam vs Poirier should be the #1 contender

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Islam is solidified as the champ and I dont see anyone beating him but he's so fucking far removed from a BMF lol dude only fights in UAE vs short notice or 145ers.

Best in the division by a mile but nowhere near a BMF. If they make a "I only fight in my backyard" diva belt Islam vs Ilia could fight to the death for it

I'll say Derrick Lewis, and my reasoning is because the BMF should have no weight class, in fact Holloway said that himself prior to the Justin fight. The championship belts are for the weight classes, LW belt is for LW class etc etc. BMF is different, I don't understand a weight class being put on it. It should be Openweight

Therefore Holloway vs Lewis, or Holloway vs Perieira I'd be good with

Yo Dana hear me out fam:

140lb BMF for da manletdem
165lb BMF for da skinnies n boydem
195lb BMF for real scrappers
Openweight BMF for da big skins and 6ixdog mandem

Back