Who Should be Gregor Gillespie's Next Opponent?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He last defeated Vinc Pichel by second round submission (arm-triangle) back all the way in June. There has been no hints or possible fight progression right now.

Is he injured?

He is capable of making waves at 155, but is nowhere near a top-15 opponent.

How about Davi Ramos? 3 fight winning-streak vs 4 fight winning-streak - intriguing fight, too.

Beneil Dariush? Would be his first 'name'.

Winner of Joseph Duffy vs Ross Pearson (next month)?

Winner of Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs Gilbert Burns (also next month)?

He has a lot of skill, but sad to see him sit out for almost half of a year.

<FookIsThatGuy>

I read McGregor the gypsy.

I think Nick Lentz would be the right opponent to see if he can get a top 15 next. Or maybe clay guida.

I think Nick Lentz would be the right opponent to see if he can get a top 15 next. Or maybe clay guida.
I don't see why he should have to do anything more than he is already done to get a top 15 next

He last defeated Vinc Pichel by second round submission (arm-triangle) back all the way in June. There has been no hints or possible fight progression right now.

Is he injured?

He is capable of making waves at 155, but is nowhere near a top-15 opponent.

How about Davi Ramos? 3 fight winning-streak vs 4 fight winning-streak - intriguing fight, too.

Beneil Dariush? Would be his first 'name'.

Winner of Joseph Duffy vs Ross Pearson (next month)?

Winner of Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs Gilbert Burns (also next month)?

He has a lot of skill, but sad to see him sit out for almost half of a year.

Dariush is the only interesting choice here and I still think he's too low on the rankings. Gillespie had five UFC fights already and must get a clear top 15 opponent next. Beating Pearson or Aubin-Mercier tells us nothing new.

I don't see why he should have to do anything more than he is already done to get a top 15 next

So are Islam Makachev, David Teymur, Rustam Khabilov, Marbeik Taisumov and Charles Oliveira

David Teymur is on an absolutely ridiculous streak and is not even talked about

It's LW, it's a shark tank so yes he'll have to earn at least one more win if not two before getting a top 15

Islam Makhachev beat Nik Lentz up easily before - a very dominant decision, knocked out Tibau and submitted Kajan Johnson.. bigger names than Gillespie has beaten, but still no top 15.. it is too stacked

LW is over stacked and its great :D only problem is we don't get to see Islam and Gregor at the top atm.

LW is so fucking stacked it's infuriating. So many guys on 3/4/5/6 win streaks who can't get a ranked fighter nor make a big name of themselves. 165 is badly needed.

LW is so fucking stacked it's infuriating. So many guys on 3/4/5/6 win streaks who can't get a ranked fighter nor make a big name of themselves. 165 is badly needed.

This. But the bald goof doesn't want to give us the one thing that we need

He may be the slowest prospect brought along by the UFC. I think he is top 10 talent easily, and any opponent not top 15 from here on out for him is a travesty

Should make Gillespie vs Cowboy seeing as how Cowboy hasn't fought at LW in awhile, if Gillespie wins there's a new contender if Cowboy wins he's near a title shot.

Sorry but a win over Mike Perry at WW shouldn't put you anywhere near a belt, especially with how stacked LW is.

Hoping they don't kill his hype vs a top 10 opponent... One or Two more fights to build him up some more then let's see what the kids got. But if he feels ready to make that climb up the top 15 ladder...

Sherdog has him ranked #9. Give him a high profile fight so he has more exposure. Maybe Pettis.

Last edited:
Should make Gillespie vs Cowboy seeing as how Cowboy hasn't fought at LW in awhile, if Gillespie wins there's a new contender if Cowboy wins he's near a title shot.

Sorry but a win over Mike Perry at WW shouldn't put you anywhere near a belt, especially with how stacked LW is.
Nice fight, but a win over Gillespie realistically does not do anything for Cerrone. Nice match-up though.

Hoping they don't kill his hype vs a top 10 opponent... One or Two more fights to build him up some more then let's see what the kids got. But if he feels ready to make that climb up the top 15 ladder...

Hype? They have brought him along so slowly. In a year I think this guy could be a top 5 guys. He's an animal. He needs a top 10 and once he does work against that dude I bet he catapults up the ranks

Also the top 15 fighters should stop taking fights only against eachothers. Guys like Pettis, Chiesa and Nate Diaz are taking spots in the top 10 where they dont belong.
Barboza too but at least he is taking the #14 guy.

Back