Who lives around Pittsburgh?

No not yet...I work six 12 hour shifts. Will go exploring Saturday night and Sunday morning.
Take the tram/incline thing that goes up the hill. It's cheap lots of history. When you get to the top go left and a little ways down is a white painted restaurant. It has a bar area at the bottom that looks over the river and the stadiums. Great spot for a beer or two plus the view is amazing. Some natives will pop in and give you the names.

Take the tram/incline thing that goes up the hill. It's cheap lots of history. When you get to the top go left and a little ways down is a white painted restaurant. It has a bar area at the bottom that looks over the river and the stadiums. Great spot for a beer or two plus the view is amazing. Some natives will pop in and give you the names.
Sounds like a plan...thanks

Far lol. From Pittsburgh, maybe like 4 hours. Might as well invite @PolishHeadlock if you're coming out this far.
Damn...don't know about all that

Maybe when I make a trip to Philly. Having a Philly Cheesesteak in Philly is on my bucket list...got to do it

Sounds like a plan...thanks
Think he's talking about Altius. It's a nice restaurant, although a little pricey, went there with the gf, good food and absolutely great views of the city. Not sure if you watch hockey at all, but the visiting teams stay at Fairmont Pittsburgh, or they did a few years ago. Good place to run into your fave players. Not sure if football and baseball are the same, it is a great hotel though. Also, a block away from there, is a market square where Primanti Bros is, and they have live music every fri afternoon and a ton of vendors. Great place to socialize, shit now I wanna head down and visit again

Think he's talking about Altius. It's a nice restaurant, although a little pricey, went there with the gf, good food and absolutely great views of the city. Not sure if you watch hockey at all, but the visiting teams stay at Fairmont Pittsburgh, or they did a few years ago. Good place to run into your fave players. Not sure if football and baseball are the same, it is a great hotel though. Also, a block away from there, is a market square where Primanti Bros is, and they have live music every fri afternoon and a ton of vendors. Great place to socialize, shit now I wanna head down and visit again
Well if you come visit let me know...drinks on me

Also...not all that into Hockey, but I will watch a game live just to get shitfaced

Damn...don't know about all that

Maybe when I make a trip to Philly. Having a Philly Cheesesteak in Philly is on my bucket list...got to do it
Honestly, there are so many great Philly cheesesteaks around the state. That would be cool to say you had one in Philly for sure tho. @PolishHeadlock might be able to concur, but I think you could get a cheesesteak somewhere else around that's just as good.

Honestly, there are so many great Philly cheesesteaks around the state. That would be cool to say you had one in Philly for sure tho. @PolishHeadlock might be able to concur, but I think you could get a cheesesteak somewhere else around that's just as good.
Really?

Shit as long as it's as good and authentic I may just save myself the trip...then again I would like to hit up Philly anyway

yep that was it. I did not eat there we had 2 beers, soaked in the view and left.
http://altiuspgh.com/

I will say the roads are absolutely shit. If I didn't have a jeep you'd definitely need atleast an all wheel drive car or truck.

Meant to Edit, not quote myself.
Not quite true, up until two weeks ago I drove a lightweight rear wheel drive sports car for 3 years as my daily. All about the right tires.

Up in Pittsburgh?
Yeah, I live about 10-15 minutes north of downtown.

Spent a few years growing up in the area. Absolutely loved the place. Let me know if you're looking for recommendations for bars, restaurants, or things to do. It's a really fun city with some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

The only place besides Philly that I've had a Cheesesteak is the Jersey Shore which is just where all of Philly goes in the summer.

I'm like Charlie from Always Sunny, I'm scared to leave my surroundings.

Not quite true, up until two weeks ago I drove a lightweight rear wheel drive sports car for 3 years as my daily. All about the right tires.

Yeah, I live about 10-15 minutes north of downtown.
Shit let's have a beer sometime bud...never met a real life sherdogger

I want to see if the "All Sherdoggers are 6'4" and thick solid and tight." Is true...

I never see that up where I am. Not in the winter. It may be different around the city. I lived both in PA and NY and you could blindfold me and I would know when we crossed state lines just from the roads.

Back