Who is the lineal HW Champion this time next year?

Who is the lineal HW Champion this time next year?

• Total voters

p4pgoat

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Assuming the Fury/Wilder rematch happens, and the winner faces Joshua.

My guess is Tyson Fury.

Thoughts?

People shouldn't be surprised if an AJ fight with one of these guys doesn't happen in the next year. It's more build-up and more eventual money, potentially. Wilder/Fury rematch around April or May. Joshua rematches Whyte and if it's a tough fight for AJ then there will be less pressure on them to make the mega showdown. They toss in Usyk in late 2019 for AJ, which is also a big fight that hardcore fans and the casual viewing public alike would accept, Wilder/Fury winner fights a Miller or Parker type or someone worse, then AJ vs Wilder/Fury winner happens early 2020.

Fury will be the favourite to beat Wilder, and if we think that he didn't drop the lineal belt when he retired like @Kovalev's "Man Bag" has talked about, then it'll probably still be him. I fancy AJ over Fury eventually though, at least against the Fury we saw on Saturday night.

I think something could throw a spanner into the works. Eddie Hearn is chasing a match up for AJ vs Wilder. IF that happens then the winner will have all the belts. The fact that Fury is seen by many as the Lineal will be put under the microscope and as @Kovalev's "Man Bag" has shown it doesn't hold up that well for Fury. So it comes down to who you would pick to win between AJ and Wilder. My money is on AJ to be the 'True' Lineal Champion in 2019.

fury

i said it a year ago and I'll say it now.

Fury is the best Heavyweight in the world. for the vast majority of that fight he made Wilder look foolish and he would do the same to AJ.

Sorry

I'll say one thing though. What a fucking time to be living in with the Heavyweight Division back and boiling again.

Fury/AJ/Wilder at the top
Whyte-Chisora rematch
Ortiz is back
Parker needs to get his shit together (maybe Ortiz/Parker?)
Big Baby
Usyk moving up
Pulev IS simply Pulev
Jennings vs Rivera should be good.
Joe Joyce needs to make it happen NOW.
I dunno. Maybe Povetkin is done?

Last edited:
Back