Who is the Goat?

Who is the Goat?

• Total voters
Even without the steroid argument, how do people rank Anderson above a GSP, Cormier, Fedor when he's got shit takedown defense?

If Chael and Lutter had an ounce of sub defense and striking, Silva would've be demolished. Those are the only two legit wrestlers he faced during his run.
Lutter%2001_zpskbyb8hyc.gif
Lutter%2002_zpslopbsoqu.gif
Lutter%2004b_zpsqlepefnw.gif
Lutter%2005_zpshi0atkif.gif
Lutter%2006_zpsntgknput.gif

If GSP was a natural Middleweight, there would be no Anderson Silva. GSP is a smallish Welterweight.
GOATs (in their prime) don’t tap to strikes against LW journeyman.

AFEEB604-B8F8-4E0F-A456-46B67BFFDDD4.gif

From now on anyone creating a thread about goats should die.

Shame on you for not having Jose Aldo as an option btw.

Yeah, I also would have included Aldo. His championship run was one of the best, and he is just an insanely well rounded fighter (who had lethal striking).

Yeah, I also would have included Aldo. His championship run was one of the best, and he is just an insanely well rounded fighter (who had lethal striking).

Technical complete striking, some of the best fight IQ of all time and legendary takedown defense.

voted GSP - wasnt my fave to watch but thought he deserved my vote. still surprised people think fedor is

GSP has never been pinched. If you want to acuse him of being suspect you have to include Fedor too. He was a Russian world athlete and fought in Pride. At least GSP was drug tested.
GSP has never been pinched. If you want to acuse him of being suspect you have to include Fedor too. He was a Russian world athlete and fought in Pride. At least GSP was drug tested.
My point was people who got caught. Hence why Jones is before GSP in one and isnt listed in the other. Realistically, all the top 5 you could speculate but speculation gets you nowhere

I know this has been beaten to death, but I feel DC deserves to be in the conversation now, so I'll make a poll. Personally I think Jon Jones is the best talent we've seen in MMA thus far, but I would have to slightly favor GSP in the goat conversation because...

He avenged both of his losses

Is a two division champ

has the most top 5 wins in MMA history

Every fighter he has ever faced fought in a major organization and to this day has a winning record.

Where the fuck is the option for Platinum Perry?

Jon Jones*, unless you DQ him for his drug use, which I do.

GSP is your clean GOAT.

A few years back we had the top 3 position pretty much on lock. Fedor, GSP, Silva.

Then Jones came into the conversation and to some extent Aldo as well. Then the cheating scandals happened.

Now i don't think either jones or silva belong in the top 3. Is silva absolved of all accusation? I'm not sure whats going on there.

1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. DC

A few years back we had the top 3 position pretty much on lock. Fedor, GSP, Silva.

Then Jones came into the conversation and to some extent Aldo as well. Then the cheating scandals happened.

Now i don't think either jones or silva belong in the top 3. Is silva absolved of all accusation? I'm not sure whats going on there.

1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. DC

Silva was absolved of his last one, but he tested positive after he broke his leg too. Either way we will never truley know who is or was ever on what. PEDs are everywhere in high level athletics.

Back