Who has the better boxing, Holly or Joanna?

Dr John Smith

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
If you take away their kicks and compare their boxing skills, who's better technically and overall?

Holly.

Joanna is a muay thai champ, Holly is a BOXING champ.

That said, JJ has the more aggressive hands.

Holly is a counter-puncher. Joanna comes to throw down from the outset.

Holly.

This

Holly.

Doesn't necessarily mean much. Not like there's stiff competition in women's Boxing. Not like there's stiff competition in women's Muay Thai, either, but still. I look at Joanna and see a much more technically sound boxer.

Holly is the boxer but JJ is better with her hand attacks. I wouldn't have guessed Holly was a champion boxer by looking at her mma fights. So yea, the short answer is JJ.

Joanna. I love holly but lets be honest, womens boxing is about as deep as my 8 pound dogs swimming pool.

Currently, Joanna. Holm was probably better in her prime, bot now she is not as fast, and she keeps telegraphing strikes by yelling out her "kiai." It gets annoying, and she does herself a disservice to landing strikes. She was getting outstruck by Bethe Correia for God's sake before her KO. That says it all.

Joanna. She has both good offensive striking and good counter-punching, so she has more punching versatility. She always throws a lot of volume. Holly is more limited to good counter-punching. Against another counter-puncher, we get a lot of boring lack of action because she lacks faith in her offensive capabilities. I regard that as being weaker.

Holly got shut down by the same check hook over and over again by Valentina, a muay thai fighter, Holly's boxing is overrated.

Doesn't necessarily mean much. Not like there's stiff competition in women's Boxing. Not like there's stiff competition in women's Muay Thai, either, but still. I look at Joanna and see a much more technically sound boxer.
What? JJ more technical than Holm? How you come to that conclusion. Holm's boxing ( hands) are way crisper than JJ's. It's not even close.

Currently, Joanna. Holm was probably better in her prime, bot now she is not as fast, and she keeps telegraphing strikes by yelling out her "kiai." It gets annoying, and she does herself a disservice to landing strikes. She was getting outstruck by Bethe Correia for God's sake before her KO. That says it all.
So Holm is past her "prime" now?

Lmfao!

Holly got shut down by the same check hook over and over again by Valentina, a muay thai fighter, Holly's boxing is overrated.
That Holm that fought Valentina was the worse form of her. Styles make fights. Valentina doesn't fight like JJ nor vice versa. Boxing=hands. Holm has better hands than JJ.

jj does more, risks more, lands more, is better to watch
hollys way too cautious and boring

I really don't like Joanna's style… Very bouncy and a lot of movement that's unnecessary kind of tense looking and pinned up at the shoulders… Not very poised not really relaxed...kind of wound up looking. This type of stance/style is not seen in the "more graceful" fighters as far as boxing

Holly is just Way more fluid she looks and emulates the grace of very experienced boxers… Joanna looks more less like a fighter character out of a video game... this is just my opinion and observation....I've been watching amateur boxing pro boxing since the early 1980s

Holly.

This right here.

So Holm is past her "prime" now?

Lmfao!
She's relatively new to MMA but she's also 36. Not saying she's past her prime but a lot of lighter-weight fighters fall off by around then.

Holly says "ish ish" and swings at air. Her boxing is seriously overrated.

The fact that she's a "boxing champ" tells me that the talent pool in women's boxing is about as deep as women's MMA.

Back