Who has the best kicks in the UFC????

kingT

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Edson Barboza or Holly Holm?
My vote goes to Holm because she's more consistent and has way more knockouts with her legs than Barboza does. I don't see anyone in the UFC who can take one of Holm's lethal head kicks without taking a nap. Discuss!

It's easier to be consistent against soccer moms.

Barbosa by a country mile

The amount of Knockouts you have with kicks doesn't necessarily matter tbh.
But with that said I'd say Yair Rodriguez

<{hfved}> I'm trying real hard not to say anything rude

Lol. Barboza leads UFC in stoppage by kicks, man or woman. He's also the only fighter in UFC history to win by headkick, body kick, and leg kick. Possibly most importantly, he kicks the shit out of other elite kickers like Pettis. He is a better kicker with the flu than Holly Holm

That said, broken down I think Wonderboy is up there as well. Cerrone too. Aldo's leg kicks play ball but he has no variety like the others and his kicks only are effective against far inferior strikers imo so I put him one step behind.

Stephen Thompson and it ain't even close
It's arguable but barboza's kicks are better imo. they got more pop and are fast af cause barboza puts all the torque behind them plus he seems to be a stronger/more athletic individual. Then again Wonderboy's kicks are great too but i feel that they aren't as good as they were before. he used to throw a wider variety and now he just throws lazy roundhouse kicks and casual side kicks. I think he has gained some weight for his last few fights and he might not be as agile as before. They are obviously different stylistically, too (barboza's are a blend of MT and TKD while stephen's are traditional karate) so it depends on your likes really.

we can all agree that crocop is the GOAT kicker in mma tho right?

It's arguable but barboza's kicks are better imo. they got more pop and are fast af cause barboza puts all the torque behind them plus he seems to be a stronger/more athletic individual. Then again Wonderboy's kicks are great too but i feel that they aren't as good as they were before. he used to throw a wider variety and now he just throws lazy roundhouse kicks and casual side kicks. I think he has gained some weight for his last few fights and he might not be as agile as before. They are obviously different stylistically, too (barboza's are a blend of MT and TKD while stephen's are traditional karate) so it depends on your likes really.

we can all agree that crocop is the GOAT kicker in mma tho right?
Barboza is MT with TKD kicks mixed in.

WB is an American hybrid karate style which is a mix of karate, TKD, and aggression.

Machida is traditional karate. Very defense oriented and emphasis on one shot one kill punches.

Edson Barboza or Holly Holm?
My vote goes to Holm because she's more consistent and has way more knockouts with her legs than Barboza does. I don't see anyone in the UFC who can take one of Holm's lethal head kicks without taking a nap. Discuss!
What-the-Fuck.gif

Back