*Who has a better chin: Max or Bryan? *

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Max reminds me of Tony. Could get rocked but has an awesome recovery. Ortega has a great chin aswell. I believe an uppercut like the one Bryan connected on Edgar would/could be decisivo, either way.

Max has never been dropped or even visibly wobbled (Aldo rocked him a bit but not that much) Ortega was dropped by Clay Fucking Guida even though he has a great chin too

Max's chin is a lot better than Tony's IMO. Tony gets rocked all the time, he just has preternatural recovery. Max can just stand there and take shots if he needs to, as he did against Aldo.

Max has never been dropped or even visibly wobbled (Aldo rocked him a bit but not that much) Ortega was dropped by Clay Fucking Guida even though he has a great chin too
Anyone has a gif of that KD against Guida?

Max has a proven chin like stated Aldo wobbled him nicely but it wasn’t too bad.

We will see this saturday, you all better buy the PPV. I'm telling y'all it's going to be crazy on the tenth planet!

Anyone has a gif of that KD against Guida?

Max has a proven chin like stated Aldo wobbled him nicely but it wasn’t too bad.
It was in the first round i think it was more of flash knockdown but still he got dropped. But he proved to have a great chin in his war against Moicano and other fights before and after guida (Tavares , Swanson etc)

Haven't seen any reason to doubt either's chin. That hellish uppercut Ortega smoked Edgar with probably puts down anyone in the division.

I don't remember Ortega getting dropped by guida? Could have though. The only memorable part of the fight was the last 30 seconds.

Both have insane chins so it's hard to tell at this stage. They will certainly both be tested Saturday night. Holloways looks unshakeable but definitely has more miles on it than Ortega.

Ortega took a hellacious beating from Moicano and didn't go anywhere. After seeing Moicano drop cub with a jab we know the man has power too.

It was in the first round i think it was more of flash knockdown but still he got dropped. But he proved to have a great chin in his war against Moicano and other fights before and after guida (Tavares , Swanson etc)
Oh ok I’ll check it out.

Thanks

Max has a tremendous chin (or had) the extreme weight cuts could be taking their toll, just ask Joanna.

Max might have a better chin, who knows, but Ortega has the better strategy: Juice up, throw down.

Seriously, fuck this guy. If he wins he's going to screw up yet another division because he's always going to be a suspect. Fuck you, Ortega.

Max might have a better chin, who knows, but Ortega has the better strategy: Juice up, throw down.

Seriously, fuck this guy. If he wins he's going to screw up yet another division because he's always going to be a suspect. Fuck you, Ortega.

The guy popped over 4 years ago. He owned up to it and didn't come up with a bunch of bullshit "dick pills" or "tainted supplements" excuses and he's tested clean ever since. Him and Chris Leben are about the only two guys who actually failed tests and came clean about it. Everyone else tries to cook up every excuse under the sun.

The guy popped over 4 years ago. He owned up to it and didn't come up with a bunch of bullshit "dick pills" or "tainted supplements" excuses and he's tested clean ever since. Him and Chris Leben are about the only two guys who actually failed tests and came clean about it. Everyone else tries to cook up every excuse under the sun.
But he said he in an interview with MMA Junkie that he took an "oral form" of Drostanolone, but he supposedly tested positive for drostanolone propionate which is injectable only. That might just be hearsay, but...

Last edited:
He failed during his UFC debut I believe. The odds that the incident was his first time are pretty slim but that doesn't actually matter, and you probably agree.
But the remainder of your post confuses me. I can't seem to figure out what your point is. So, since he admitted he cheated, _________________? He isn't a cheater? Surely the steroid user who admits to using steroids is still just as much of a steroid user as one who uses and then lies about it.

I don't know who has a better chin but Ortega took a fucking beating from Moicano and still managed to pull off the submission win.

He failed during his UFC debut I believe. The odds that the incident was his first time are pretty slim but that doesn't actually matter, and you probably agree.
But the remainder of your post confuses me. I can't seem to figure out what your point is. So, since he admitted he cheated, _________________? He isn't a cheater? Surely the steroid user who admits to using steroids is still just as much of a steroid user as one who uses and then lies about it.

Yep, he cheated. But everyone fucks up. I'm a lot more willing to give a guy a second chance if he owns up to it and never pops again rather than making excuse after excuse for how the test was a false positive.

This can't be answered ........ yet
Yeah, soon we will know, but I think Max took too much damage in his career and this fight will be the breaking point for his chin. Ortega has a strong chin and amazing reaction speed (in striking and grappling). I just can't see Ortega loosing this fight.

Back