Who do you think Dana wants to win

Khabib.

If fighting in Russia is any kind of possibility of being real. He’s the man they want. If he has to pull out in the future. They’ll just make another Interim champion.
They still have the GOAT, Lobov, to take to Russia.

Foreign champs are good for the company's international growh

Khabib is younger, has a bigger fan base and is generally much more like-able than Ferguson who sounds like a complete douche-lord and is usually very awkward on camera.

the only downside is Khabib might turn out to be a Cain with his injury history.

Lesnar
Jones
Sonnen
GSP or Northcutt
Conor
Bruce Lee
Ronda

Khabib is more popular, but he has also made it quite clear he's already considering retirement.

So pushing Khabib could backfire, especially since he keeps saying he won't fight Conor next.

Who gives a fuck who Dana wants to win weirdo? Enjoy the fight it's a great matchup.

Khabib no doubt, just imagine holding an event in Russia. Imagine the turnout to see Khabib end Conors career
giphy.gif
Conor/Khabib and Volkov/HW champ would be crazy in Russia.

Khabib is honestly a nightmare for connie but would do more ppvs. Where i feel Fergo is an easier fight but id choose him over connie. If khabib wins you have a somewhat star but if Fergo wins you get no ppvs... hmm

Khabib. Obviously. Khabib and Conor in Russia is the fight they've been promoting since UFC205.

If Tony wins it's a massive fuckup because they can't have Conor McGregor fighting some cringelord with no fans.

Anyone who doesn't understand this doesn't understand prize-fighting. Dana doesn't care if Conor loses; his job is just to make the biggest selling fight.

Last edited:
Khabib is honestly a nightmare for connie but would do more ppvs. Where i feel Fergo is an easier fight but id choose him over connie. If khabib wins you have a somewhat star but if Fergo wins you get no ppvs... hmm
Khabib and his 9 million twitter followers

#1 Dana doesn't need to care about who makes him more money. He only cares when he wants to. One Conor fight is literally worth ten fights by either one of these guys. He could sit in a bath tub of money every day if he wanted to.
#2 How can Khabib be a bigger PPV draw than T-Ferg? Many of the pirated PPV streams and videos are from Russia. I'll bet there is one payer for every 20 that watch the fight over there.
#3 If Dana wanted Khabib to win he would've been promoting him as a "once ever" fighter already Dude has an incredible record. Incredible -- something that Dana would've made a big deal about already if he really wanted Khabib to be a star.
#4 Conclusion: Dana is fine with either fighter winning. Really I haven't seen lots of favoritism here like he has shown in some other big fights.

Back