Who did you side with during the Helen of Troy debacle?

Criticizes me for poking fun at the literal mention of nuclear bombs in the post I quoted detailing a war that took place before BCE

Goes on to detail how God's were involved in the war.

This thread has gone places where no man has gone before...

In point of fact, the Olympian Supergods were involved in the war.

Unless I'm mistaken, Aphrodite herself approved of a few of the relationships. She supported Helen when she married Prince Paris.

Aphrodite supported marriages when she deemed them to be the correct relationships (according to her own definitions). For example, I seriously doubt that she would support a marriage between me and Cara Delevingne.

Even though I think that Cara Delevingne is gorgeous, she would probably say that it's not destiny for her to marry me. Most probably, Aphrodite would agree that this marriage isn't destined to be so.

Maybe Aphrodite would consult with The Three Sisters of Fate before she mentioned her decision. That meeting probably wouldn't happen, though.

<lol>

<lol>

:)

You can’t mess with Gleason and Cox and expect to get away with it.

In point of fact, the Olympian Supergods were involved in the war.

Unless I'm mistaken, Aphrodite herself approved of a few of the relationships. She supported Helen when she married Prince Paris.

Aphrodite supported marriages when she deemed them to be the correct relationships (according to her own definitions). For example, I seriously doubt that she would support a marriage between me and Cara Delevingne.

Even though I think that Cara Delevingne is gorgeous, she would probably say that it's not destiny for her to marry me. Most probably, Aphrodite would agree that this marriage isn't destined to be so.

Maybe Aphrodite would consult with The Three Sisters of Fate before she mentioned her decision. That meeting probably wouldn't happen, though.

<lol>

<lol>

:)

crazy-person-are-you-like-a-crazy-person.gif

19bb9c87253b9e773ba13338d9cdc0ecb9dbdd60.gifv

Aphrodite is The Goddess of Love, Lust, Fertility, Procreation, Beauty, Passion, Limerence, Sexual Love, Desire, Passion, Sexual Relationships, Pleasure, Sexuality, and Victory.

Considering the fact that Aphrodite is The Goddess of Beauty, I seriously doubt that she would approve of King Menelaos (also known as King Menelaus) marrying someone like Helen.

Besides Aphrodite, there were other Olympian Supergods that were involved in the war.

Listen I’m still on team Telomonian Ajax and his Bro Ajax as well has hot head Diomedes. Even if they weren’t on the same teams.

Hector was GOAT tier though.

Listen I’m still on team Telomonian Ajax and his Bro Ajax as well has hot head Diomedes. Even if they weren’t on the same teams.

Hector was GOAT tier though.

130440.jpg

Is your avatar a gif of Bitcoin?

Different culture, hard to judge. All I remember is Diane Kruger was a smoke show back in the day.

Different culture, hard to judge. All I remember is Diane Kruger was a smoke show back in the day.
For sure. I wished I learned a couple of german pickup lines in 2004. I guess asking her if she would love to get her chest shat on in 2024 is too late now.

A rare role for Sean Bean. A movie with war in it where he survives.

1caa2aa594faf5218dba6a6f99e36f50.jpg
"Fear is useful."

Best quote in the movie. Not spoken in a malevolent or manipulative sense. Showing why Odysseus was the smartest of them all, and legendary for his cleverness.

Gift of the day

If you did'nt, check the deleted scene

War maybe was worth it

I personally feel like both Homer and Herodotus were full of shit.

Here's a map of Greece

1000_F_82230089_uquDJX7ByCMykBon0T3MMvYFw9nftvXd.jpg

We are supposed to believe that the Persians could only access Sparta through a choke point that 300 soldiers could use to their advantage? There was NO OTHER way in?

Well a previous guy tried a naval landing at Marathon

Paris was mostly to blame(based on the movie), with the assist from Helen. Hector should've made his brother honor his agreement, even if it meant death. Countless others had to die because of one guy's hard-on for a married chick.

"Fear is useful."

Best quote in the movie. Not spoken in a malevolent or manipulative sense. Showing why Odysseus was the smartest of them all, and legendary for his cleverness.
My favorite line from Odysseus was

“We play with the gifts the gods give us”…

No, Herodotus does mention it. But it is nowhere as important as what people may think after watching 300 lol.
Sooo because a historian from over 3,000 years ago mentions something that automatically makes it true?

Come on...

Sooo because a historian from over 3,000 years ago mentions something that automatically makes it true?

Come on...
I am pretty sure that king Leonidas is mentioned by other historians. And yeah, we pretty much believe Herodotus and take his word for cash.

Back