Who could Dillashaw beat in the Featherweight top 10.

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
With all of this talk about TJ vs DJ, how would TJ do moving up a division ?

During his first title run he expressed an interest in fighting Aldo and Edgar, but a lot of the new generation of Featherweights like Max and Ortega seem to be a lot bigger than those guys. Who could he beat in the top 10?

Champion: Max Holloway

1 Jose Aldo
2 Frankie Edgar
3 Brian Ortega
4 Josh Emmett
5 Cub Swanson
6 Ricardo Lamas
7 Chan Sung Jung
8 Yair Rodriguez
9 Jeremy Stephens
10 Darren Elkins

Probably Everyone except the top 3

He could beat everyone. Guys like jeremy stephens and aldo have a shot though because they pack that power. But he is a better fighter than both of them. Aldo is past it and has no cardio.

He could beat everyone. Guys like jeremy stephens and aldo have a shot though because they pack that power. But he is a better fighter than both of them. Aldo is past it and has no cardio.
Even though there's a size difference I don't think Stephens would touch Dillashaw to be honest, even post TJ Barao was whooping Stephens in the first round of their fight before he gassed if I remember correctly.

Destroys Yair and Elkins. Current day Aldo too. Rest is at least 50/50

I dont know how well TJ would do with the size disadvantage considering he said he could make 125, but almost all of those fights are winnable for him. Would watch.

Beats 8/10 at featherweight imo

Someone like Lamas would annihilate TJ imo. Theres a reason we have weight classes.

Probably everyone but Holloway.

These 145 guys are almost man sized, TJ no likey

Someone like Lamas would annihilate TJ imo. Theres a reason we have weight classes.
Lamas just got starched by a guy from TAM who basically looked like he was mimicking TJ though.

I think the size disadvantage would be less of a factor since TJ is a very strong BW plus there are very few grapplers at FW who would make the best use of a size advantage.

I think he does really well in that weight class. His cardio is already fantastic so he could afford to bulk up a little as well. He could be very dangerous there.

TJ has a legitimate shot, if small, at being a 3 weight champ.

Lamas just got starched by a guy from TAM who basically looked like he was mimicking TJ though.
yeah. he got clipped by a one punch KO. it happens in MMA. He was winning that fight until the punch landed. Dont tell me you could see TJ KO'ing Lamas.

yeah. he got clipped by a one punch KO. it happens in MMA. He was winning that fight until the punch landed. Dont tell me you could see TJ KO'ing Lamas.
Oh c'mon, he did not just clip him, watch the fight again, he was outstriking Lamas throughout the whole round.

prob all of em except max edgar and aldo

those are all tough fights

TJ weighs 148-150lbs on fight night, he's way too small for 145. His skill will make him compete with the top 10 but not sure he becomes champ due to size.

Champion: Max Holloway (Not a chance in hell)

1 Jose Aldo (Probably not)
2 Frankie Edgar (Definitely not)
3 Brian Ortega (Eeeh I doubt it)
4 Josh Emmett (He's a big dude but maybe)
5 Cub Swanson (Good fight. Would watch. could go either way)
6 Ricardo Lamas (See above. I favor TJ)
7 Chan Sung Jung (See above)
8 Yair Rodriguez (Probably TJ)
9 Jeremy Stephens (TJ for sure)
10 Darren Elkins (TJ for sure)

Back