Which underrated fighter did you believe in when most others didn't?

Good topic. Perhaps Romero, I've always recognized his potential... Another one I think may be promising is Raquel Pennington, she shows potential in the WBW division.

Gegard Mousasi... he will be the MW champion this year.

If he beats Weidman and somehow gets Bisping still being the champ, maybe. I've been a Mousasi fan for years and would love to see it. But I don't think his chances are as good against Yoel or in a 3rd fight with Jacare.

It might not seem like it now but Conor was that guy.

For some random Irish guy to burst on to the scene and tell everyone what he was gonna do and then do it is nothing short of incredible, he was doubted by most all the way and even now still has a huge number of doubters.

I thought from very early he was the guy to best Aldo, the question for me would be if he could reach him with guys like Mendes and Edgar patrolling.

It might not seem like it now but Conor was that guy.
I definitely remember that, for a long time the GOAT talk about Conor seemed similar in tone to the Platinum nation.

Then he proved legit.

Not in terms of winning an upset in a single fight, but who did you think for a long time would be able to rise to the top and do big things when most of the fanbase didn't rate them that highly? For example if you thought Woodley would be champion someday during the time when many thought him overranked thanks to Condit getting injured and not that good for a top 5, or if you always believed Bisping could be champion no matter how stacked the top of MW became. Mine are "Greater Than Great" Tate of course who I expected to beat all her opponents since bulking up to be more suited to BW (which she did up until Nunes), and Werdum who people overlooked for most of his UFC run but I thought could beat most other HWs including Cain because he had awesome BJJ and, well, beat the GOAT!

Who did you think was "that good" when most didn't?
Mad blessed Holloway and Nunez

Michael Chiesa. When I watched him in TUF, after his dad died, he had a different air about him and I had a feeling he could win it all. To this day, I haven't picked against him.

Stipe Miocic.

I had high hopes for him from the start. Many people were writing him off after his loss to Struve and then he didn't get much respect for his fight with JDS, which was a close one in my opinion.

He was frequently labeled as having pillow fists and largely considered to be over rated by his critics.

I hope he can at least hold that belt for a few more fights. I think it would be awesome to see him as the first HW to notch several title defenses.

Meisha against Holly

Nate against Conor

Still kicking myself for not naking that bet. Wven my gf said i should nake a bet that time!

I've had faith in RDA since he did Sotiropoulos in back in 2011. Masvidal since he beat KJ Noons. Glad RDA got to UFC champion status and hope to see Masvidal atleast to title contender status.

I've had faith in RDA since he did Sotiropoulos in back in 2011
I came here to say this.

Early in his UFC career it was obvious he had talent (was a 2nd degree BJJ black belt and was highly praised by kickboxing coach Corderio) but he couldn't seem to put everything together against experienced guys early on.

I knew with a little adjustments and a little patience that he could be elite.

Crazy to think that most people where calling him a gatekepper when he was only 26 years old and still developing, funny to look back at that and laugh

Erick Silva! I still believe. dam it.....he's still young and a great prospect who has a tone of potential and will be a contender one day.
even as a fan, this is too much

Holm, hence the vcash. That's from a single bet, her beating Rousey.

I felt Ferguson would be a title contender after seeing him on TUF.

I believe Gastelum will live up to one of his earliest nicknames, "Mini Cain"

Nate will go down as a GOAT LW.

AND I still believe Pettis will rise again to the top.

Cub Swanson's been my favorite fighter since his very first UFC fight after the WEC merger. He's been underestimated a lot over the years, but every once in a while does some spectacular shit that reminds people the dude is legit. Still sore the UFC robbed him of a well earned title shot back in 2014.

I was praising Conor to the skies early on, before a lot of people caught on. Don't know if Conor was ever underrated, but many people continued to have doubts about his abilities long after he'd proven that he was one of most dominating.

Back