Which sport is having a better year so far: Boxing or MMA?

Boxing easily. Wilder/Ortiz, Groves/Eubank, Garcia/Lipinets, Spence/Peterson and Prograis/Indongo have already happened and even more great fights are confirmed:
Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker March 31st
Terence Crawford vs Jeff Horn
Adrien Broner vs Jessie Vargas
Vasyl Lomachenko vs Jorge Linares
Oleksandr Usyk vs Murat Gassiev for all belts @ cruiserweight

MMA is far behind tbh.
Don’t forget That Jose Ramirez fight last night!

so far, boxing for sure. April will be the first mma ppv that I care about.

Boxing by far. MMA is not off to a strong start. Hopefully things pick up soon.

Point fighting on that list? Most of them are savage wars and kos. Mma is great. But don't shit on boxing because you dont understand the sweet science.

i think you meant to reply to the guy i quoted

Boxing sucks and is half a fight.

Oh dear. A McNuthugger appears, parroting his hero.

Here is your hero in half a fight, he should have been able to win easily, given he's used to a whole fight.

<36>

aosECR9.gif

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah...punches only with big ass padded gloves. Floyd wouldn't last 1 round in the octagon.

Boxing still sucks and is punches only.

was a solid scrap. disappointed in amir imam though.
After his loss he took 3 easy fights, which didn’t help him prepare for this type of showdown. Ramirez fought like he had in all his previous fights. Nothing flashy just pressing the action moving forward with controlled aggression.

So far it is boxing but MMA will take over.

Ferg vs Khabib
Gaetjhe vs Poirier
Miocic vs Cormier
Dillashaw vs MM (Potentially)
Souza vs Gastelum
Romero vs Whittaker 2
Holloway vs Ortega

Yeah...punches only with big ass padded gloves. Floyd wouldn't last 1 round in the octagon.

Boxing still sucks and is punches only.

Floyd would rape Conor again in the octagon, quicker this time with the smaller gloves.

Your hero hits like a bitch. Manny Pacquiao, who started his career at 106 pounds, hits much harder.

So far it is boxing but MMA will take over.

Ferg vs Khabib
Gaetjhe vs Poirier
Miocic vs Cormier
Dillashaw vs MM (Potentially)
Souza vs Gastelum
Romero vs Whittaker 2
Holloway vs Ortega

Agreed, MMA does have a potentially excellent remainder if the year. Obviously the big fight coming up, and potentially Holloway Vs Ortega, and of course DC Vs Stipe.

Wouldn't hold out for MM Vs TJ though, MM seems to have made it pretty clear he'd much rather fight the Ray Borgs of the world than elite fighters like TJ.

Hard to say but.... Boxing. There have been some good fights. But both have some good match-ups coming up. Canelo - Golovkin II and Miocic - Cormier. Just think UFC is hurting with some big names being out... But as a combat sports fans... The year is only going to get better.

I agree it's pretty funny that one of the most "notorious" punchers in MMA and a self confessed "170 pound Irish gorilla" hits like a little girl compared to a 5'5 Filipino who started his career at 106 pounds.

{<jordan}

Hard to say but.... Boxing. There have been some good fights. But both have some good match-ups coming up. Canelo - Golovkin II and Miocic - Cormier. Just think UFC is hurting with some big names being out... But as a combat sports fans... The year is only going to get better.

Many big fights don't really live up to the hype, and end up being somewhat tenative affairs - but most of the boxing matches so far have been a lot better than I expected. Wilder - Ortiz was really fun and I don't even like heavyweights.

I hope Kebab Vs Tony lives up to the hype.

I agree it's pretty funny that one of the most "notorious" punchers in MMA and a self confessed "170 pound Irish gorilla" hits like a little girl compared to a 5'5 Filipino who started his career at 106 pounds.

{<jordan}

Wouldn't last 1 round in MMA. Floyd or Manny. Conor could fight both on the same night and then fight a real MMA challenge.

Wouldn't last 1 round.

I think he'd last 2 or 3 rounds with Pacquiao, but if we're talking prime Pacman, I agree he'd blast Pillowfists McGregory out in a round.

The ironic thing here is you shitting on boxing is inadvertently shitting on your hero, but you're too dense to see it.

Conor is essentially a boxer. In his own words "I'm a boxer, I've been boxing most of my life". He is a former amateur boxer that is not good enough to be a top pro, so he chooses to outbox high school wrestlers and manlets in a cage instead.

Your hero is a boxer.

<36>

I think he'd last 2 or 3 rounds with Pacquiao, but if we're talking prime Pacman, I agree he'd blast Pillowfists McGregory out in a round.

The ironic thing here is you shitting on boxing is inadvertently shitting on your hero, but you're too dense to see it.

Conor is essentially a boxer. In his own words "I'm a boxer, I've been boxing most of my life". He is a former amateur boxer that is not good enough to be a top pro, so he chooses to outbox high school wrestlers and manlets in a cage instead.

Your hero is a boxer.

<36>

Oh I thought Conor was an MMA fighter. With all those reverse side kicks and clinch fightin and elbows. He beat Max with wrestling....could have swon he fights in MMA. Something neither boxer could even begin to do.

But keep on pretending boxing is even remotely close to a real fight.

Back