Movies Which movies that you watched in the theatres made you feel in awe, gave you chills or inspired you in some way?

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched many films from 2010s to now in the theatre. Just can't stand sitting there for 2 hours or longer. But the 3 films that I can remember feeling absolutely inspired or awe struck would be these 3.

Willow - Watched it when I was a kid and I couldn't believe how amazing the visuals and story was, it just transported me to another world. It will always be one my favorite movies ever.

Forrest Gump - I remember being so inspired after watching this film. I actually ran home from the theatres just thinking I was Forrest Gump and I was going change the world. lol

Braveheart - I seriously couldn't believe what I was watching. Didn't expect the violence to be so raw and realistic. I was glued to the screen and forever changed my perspective of movies.

Saving Private Ryan. Saw it in a theatre that just unveiled a new 'senstadium' sound system.
Plus it was stunning for its time.

Even had WW2 veterans in the audience. Some looked rattled as they left, like it had awoken old demons.
It was quite an experience.

Forrest Gump - I remember being so inspired after watching this film. I actually ran home from the theatres just thinking I was Forrest Gump and I was going change the world. lol

Yea, I'd agree there are similarities between you and Forrest . Dunno about the running as one of them though..

-Lawrence of Arabia
Back in the 1990's I caught a special showing at the Cinerama dome in Hollywood. By far the most visually stunning film experience i've ever had.

-There Will Be Blood
The film score combined with the cinematography gave me chills and made the hairs on my neck stand up. Everyone walked out of the theater speechless.

titane-1.jpg

GRAVITY. That was one of th coolest movie experiences in my life. The soundtrack when Sandra Bullock is in space drifting aimlessly and the Debris field is coming for her and the sound design and all tat that shit was more terrifying then the most scary movie you could show me. That's why psychological terror is the best.

Then you feel the vast emptyness of space because of the big screen. Just amazing.

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD. The chase sequence on the big rig with max and Furious owning all of Joe's dudes was amazing and again the soundtrack by Junkie XL made it massive.

Se7en.

I was in high school and I knew nothing about it going in. Me and my buddy just wanted something to do so we went to the movies and just picked one to watch.

We were both floored. Just shocked, horrified, and amazed, and we walked all the way to the car and drove halfway home before either of us said a word.

Arrival. Old premise with a new spin, the way the aliens use language is something I'd never thought of before.

Prometheus - Very inspiring, it inspired me to look at reviews before I go see movies. I was in awe of how stupid the characters and their actions are.

Alien Covenant - It was so bad it gave me chills. I was in awe of how deep the cavern of stupidity goes. "It can't be worse than -", yes, yes deviake, it can.

Interesting, thanks.
Avatar was the first 3D movie I've seen and it was the best looking even many years after. I don't care it is Pocahontas in space, it changed the visual effects industry forever.
Now that I think more of it I'd also point out Star Wars episode 3. I watched 1 and 2 on VHS, but me and about 15 people from my class missed school to see ep.3. The anticipation was something else!
We felt it was epic!

I haven't watched many films from 2010s to now in the theatre. Just can't stand sitting there for 2 hours or longer. But the 3 films that I can remember feeling absolutely inspired or awe struck would be these 3.

Willow - Watched it when I was a kid and I couldn't believe how amazing the visuals and story was, it just transported me to another world. It will always be one my favorite movies ever.

Braveheart - I seriously couldn't believe what I was watching. Didn't expect the violence to be so raw and realistic. I was glued to the screen and forever changed my perspective of movies.
BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN

Saving Private Ryan. Until that point I don't think there was ever a film made with that level of realism in war, particular the opening scene. From what I understand it was so real that some WW2 vets who were there for that landing had to leave the theater as it was so real to them like a flashback.

Back