Which MILITARY UNIFORM is the best in history, in your opinion?

Nazi SS or US Marine’s Dress Blues by landslide.

Shout out to old school Knights Templar/Teutonic Knights.

57D295C6-10BC-4EBB-A9AF-1447C563C251.jpeg

lewis-chesty-puller.jpg

The Hugo Boss Spring/Summer 1942 Collection

It’s no coincidence that the uniforms looked so aesthetic young men were tripping over themselves to be in them...romanticizing war can be a huge weapon for recruitment

Shout out to Polish Hussars though

A88ABD10-1018-4486-B6D0-B746266B9530.jpeg

...and I want to take this time to thank my cousins in the Marine Corps for saving 'Smoke'. Smoke was a temporary USMC mascot brought over from Iraq. My 5 donkeys thank the Marines also. 'Semper Fi'

"...after a harrowing, years-long journey that took him from the desert of Iraq to Nebraska via Kurdistan, Turkey, Germany and the glitz and glamor of New York, Smoke the Donkey has moved on to greener pastures."

"He was first adopted by the Marines of 1st Combat Logistics Battalion out of Camp Pendleton, Calif., in 2008 as a moral booster after they found him wandering injured at Camp Taqaddum near Fallujah, Iraq. A sergeant caught him roaming the base and tied him up outside now-retired Col. John Folsom’s tent. Folsom, then the camp commandant developed an immediate bond with Smoke, so named because of his color and love for cigarettes which he would snatch out of the hands of Marines and eat — lit or not. Although war-zone regulation banned pets, Marines were able to skirt regulations after a Navy lieutenant endorsed designating him as a therapy animal. The Army’s top veterinarian flew in from Baghdad, did a blood workup and cleared Smoke as healthy."

"Smoke the donkey, beloved Marine mascot and wounded warrior therapy animal passed away in August 2012 of natural causes." He is now in donkey heaven.

smoke1.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to beat 6th Century Byzantine amour for it's effectiveness paired with mobility
6y6e1d6.jpg

You could go full sprint, on horseback or standing in formation, vital considering a lot of the time they didn't know what they were going to run into when on expeditions.

Confederate soldiers uniform ftw!! The South will rise, bitches!!

so ts just wanted to make a thread making fun of the army? and he wasnt bright enough to realize that isnt a military uniform, but a band uniform?

and yes, nazis had the best if you arent counting all those hot girls in "military uniform"

Trolling aside great thread idea

Hard to beat the Samurai
Samurai_with_sword.jpg

Also knights
73df764f42518f6ca76a75630e53c932--medieval-knight-medieval-armor.jpg

The Nazi's did have some sweet leather trench coats.
Brauchitsch-Hitler-ain-Leather-Trench-Coat-at-Warsaw-Parade-1939.jpg

if WW2 was a fashion contest, we would be saying Sieg heil! when we meet.

German, Waffen-SS. They out-modernized every other army's
d894534dc24ce0b16a9f1c711c9a63b9.jpg

To this day there are people think germans were running around on their Schutzstaffel uniforms with the nazi armband (especially the SS troops).

00-intro.jpg

But the Waffen SS as you pointed out had pretty good camo designs.

SCM-2016-9780764350665-X4-4.jpg

The standard grey uniform of the army actually camos well in urban combat.

Panzer drivers did wear black uniforms remiscent of the SS uniform (I heard it was to cover the oil marks).

Panzer_Officer.jpg

Me too.

German WWII Army uniforms. Erwin Rommel was not a Nazi or 'SS'. Hated Hitler. Beautiful winter uniforms and overcoats.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1973-012-43%2C_Erwin_Rommel.jpg

Rommel and Hitler were buddies wtf are you talking about

Naz I uniform and it's not even close. Hugo boss all the way baby

Hugo Boss had nothing to do with the SS uniform design. Their factories just manufactured them nothing more.

Back