Which is the greatest FINAL FANTASY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I think the most relevant games are from the main series and the ones related to the main series; primarily the games on multiple platforms including the consoles and/or PC, but if you loved Final Fantasy Type-O on the PSP or Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced on the GBA more than any other, for example, then feel free to vote "Other".

CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER OF RELEASE
Final Fantasy (1987)
Final Fantasy II (1988)
Final Fantasy III (1990)
Final Fantasy IV (1991)
Final Fantasy V (1992)
Final Fantasy VI (1994)
Final Fantasy VII (1997)
Final Fantasy Tactics (1997)
Final Fantasy VIII (1999)
Final Fantasy IX (2000)
Final Fantasy X (2001)
Final Fantasy XI: Online (2002)
Final Fantasy X-2 (2003)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (2003)
Final Fantasy XII (2006)
Dirge of the Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (2006)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (2007)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (2007)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (2007)
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (2008)
Final Fantasy XIII (2009)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2011)
Final Fantasy Type-O (2011)
Final Fantasy Tactics S (2013)
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (2013)
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (2010, PC; 2013, PS3 & PS4)

Note: not included in this list are "spin-offs" as referenced at this Wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_games

Here is a tiering of our vote breakdown- I'll keep it updated if there are significant shifts in the voting:
  1. Tier 1 > VI, VII
  2. Tier 2 > Tactics, X
  3. Tier 3 > IV, VIII, IX
  4. Tier 4 > Everything else.

*Edit Update*
If you're confused by the italicized section above, that's because the original poll and its votes was lost in a server changeover. For that reason, I've locked down this thread, and @Hyperglide has created a new thread with a fresh poll. Feel free to continue any discussion from this thread, including quotes, in his new thread below:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/which-is-the-greatest-final-fantasy.2687139/

Last edited:
Ff9 was the peak in my view. I've played ff Mystic Quest, 7, 10, and 13. 7 was pretty good. Other than 9 I had the most fun with Tactics. 13 was by far the worst.

X-2, that opening scene

j/k

FFVII will always be number 1 in my heart. FFT and FFVI a close 2nd

FFX is the greatest Final Fantasy for me

lol
No love for Mystic Quest.

saw you voted for FFVII

stone+cold+gif.gif

still a bit bitter about last night with no punk but i should of seen it coming

I loved it. WWE trolled the trolls. No Punk and HHH standing tall over Bryan.

I loved it. WWE trolled the trolls. No Punk and HHH standing tall over Bryan.

Very good job on WWE's part but i thought maybe punk would come out, and my god did Steph and HHH pull the heat, i could almost not hear Steph talk when the crowd was booing her

I would've marked out so hard if Bad News Barrett had come out instead of Heyman.

FFIV for me. A lot of nostalgia wrapped up in that one.

I'm not a big fan of the series but FFX is one of my favorite games of all time.

6 for me. unquestionably.

i played ff1 by accident as a kid, i saw like a sword and an axe on the gamebox, had no idea what kind of game it was, got it for like my 8th birthday or something in 1988 lol. was my first RPG, (that or dragon warrior, can't remember which was first)

was great... but the next FF i played was 6 (3 in states), and it's still my alltime favorite, and it's honestly not even close. i went afterwards and played 4 (2 in states), which was excellent.. i've played all of the japanese ones way later, and obviously 7 etc..

but for me, 7 & 9 are the most overrated. i liked them both, definitely liked 7 more than 9.. but they aren't even *close* to 6 for me. in fact, i like ff 10 more than 7, aside from tidus' whiny voice acting..

i don't feel like tactics should count, but IF it does, it's my 2nd favorite. love that type of game.

i'd say.. 6 > tactics > 4/10/7 > the rest (4/10/7 are close for me)

no brainer, though. FF6 is the BEST.

FFIV by a smidge followed by VI, then tactics then VII. most others close.

We can all debate which one was the best, but the PS1 unquestionably had the best collection of FF games.

VI is the best Final Fantasy, the best SNES game, and the best JRPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back