Which fighter's mystique impressed you the most?

How you ever pick against Fedor in this topic is beyond me. His aura of invincibility and mystique is unparalleled in the world of MMA. There were people that literally thought he could never lose.

Anderson Silva's mystique in his prime was crazy, he truly seemed unbeatable compared to GSP/Fedor's mystique, part of Silva's mystique was that he never gets cut/dropped/hurt/bruised in his fights unlike Fedor/GSP.

When Weidman knocked him out, it was just surreal.
Yes definitely Anderson Silva.

I remember thinking that dude was an alien at one point, he didn't bleed, he didn't make mistakes, and he always seemed to be in his opponent's head. It was one hell of a run.

People used to make jokes about how Anderson Silva got more powerful when he dropped his hands.

Leading up to the Vitor kick, it seemed like Anderson really was measuring everything out for the perfect strike.

He danced around and through Forrest Griffin like Neo.

I don't call Anderson the GOAT. But he is definitely GOAT when it came to aura, presence, mystique, and just overall memetic badassery.

GSP has a mystique?
He has the mystique of being the closest thing to a perfect fighter besides roid Jones, he avenged all his losses and came back after a 4 year hiatus to win a title in a higher weight class his first fight back.

Anderson seemed like a god of war until the sonnen fight, and pre-shogun machida was pretty much untouchable.

He has the mystique of being the closest thing to a perfect fighter besides roid Jones, he avenged all his losses and came back after a 4 year hiatus to win a title in a higher weight class his first fight back.

I don’t find it highly mystifying when a low-risk fighter finds success employing low-risk strategies.

What Fedor and Anderson did was beyond mystifying because they practically threw caution to the wind and still came out on top for so long.

For sure Wanderlei.

He just looked like a killer and fought like a madmen.

I don’t find it highly mystifying when a low-risk fighter finds success employing low-risk strategies.

What Fedor and Anderson did was beyond mystifying because they practically threw caution to the wind and still came out on top for so long.
Having seemingly no notable weaknesses is pretty mystifying :D

After watching a bunch of old fights:

Fedor
Silva
Jones
Sapp (pre Big Nog)

Their opponents must have been shitting bricks.

Anderson Silva's mystique in his prime was crazy, he truly seemed unbeatable compared to GSP/Fedor's mystique, part of Silva's mystique was that he never gets cut/dropped/hurt/bruised in his fights unlike Fedor/GSP.

When Weidman knocked him out, it was just surreal.

Not Anderson Silva, I watched Pride so...flying heel hook? LOLOL

Thiago Silva for me until the Machida era happened all over him.

Huh?

Fedor, Anderson, and Wand are the top 3 to me. Fedor's silent killer approach made him seem invincible. Anderson's Matrix mode meant that you'd not only get KO'd, but also embarrassed. And Wand was just crazy.

Anderson for sure. Opponents literally feared him. Griffin, Okami and others as well.

If you can get a strong and skilled man your size who has dedicated his life to the same sport as you fear you, that says it all.

Back