Which fighter's fighting style has inspired you the most ?

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Which fighter inspired you to train, or just got you hooked up / kept you interested in MMA ?

I'm training BJJ, but Machida is definitely my #1 influence. I love how he made shotokan karate, not the most easy style to translate, work in MMA. It was such a huge inspiration for me and it got me more interested in all forms of martial arts in general

The old version of motivated Conor, all his documentaries from the time where he was training and collecting welfare while his girl was driving him the whole time. This Conor, the way he spoke, the way he approached fighting, was fascinating.

Anderson, of course, for his body language during fights, his antics, his technical mastery

Honorable mentions : Wonderboy, Romero, Edgar, Condit

kazushi-sakuraba.gif

Saku, Wanderlei, Genki were the ones I got obsessed with first. Genki is the most inspiring outside the ring, due to him being a well-rounded person with multiple interests and careers. But watching Ronda and Karo made me take up judo.

ryan hall.

roll around on the ground until you latch onto something.

Fedor, Nog, Sakuraba, Barnett, Sperry.

Which fighter inspired you to train, or just got you hooked up / kept you interested in MMA ?

I'm training BJJ, but Machida is definitely my #1 influence. I love how he made shotokan karate, not the most easy style to translate, work in MMA. It was such a huge inspiration for me and it got me more interested in all forms of martial arts in general

The old version of motivated Conor, all his documentaries from the time where he was training and collecting welfare while his girl was driving him the whole time. This Conor, the way he spoke, the way he approached fighting, was fascinating.

Anderson, of course, for his body language during fights, his antics, his technical mastery

Honorable mentions : Wonderboy, Romero, Edgar, Condit
Andy Wang, because just like him, I'm a warrior too, and refuse to roll around with another man but just stand and bang

<{JustBleed}>

Matt Riddle is also an inspiration. His style works well on the streets

KB1-Eyz-SGEB0-Sf-Ujm-WZSyy90-Ov-Pr6-OMYU2-Hp-Tj-TQb-M.gif

Last edited:
Shogun <SelenaWow> Those kicks on Machida had me lit :) I was kicking girls at school after <BlackPinkStab>

I'm not the biggest Couture guy, but he and Kevin Randleman had a big impact on me personally when I was in 8th grade or so watching MMA for the first time. Mark Coleman as well. I started wrestling the next year.

GSP, the leverage in the punches is unrivalled, superman punches sending people flying.

The master of everything, sending Bisping circling to the left, then clipping the right side of Bisping's head with a spinning kick. Then the move where he made Bisping punch downwards and threw an overhand. Then knew Bisping would be open to a RNC the way he stands up. Plus wrestling.

Master of the jab, beat Kosheck for 5 rounds with one. Most people would get smashed back with an overhand.

Basically like fighting a supercomputer with strategy and technique and power and wrestling.

Also MVP before he got to UFC.

When I first got into MMA, I was a huge fan of Cung Le. I thought he was the shit.

Fedor, The Spider, Volk. Basically guys that are good everywhere.

IMG_0140.jpeg

White-tiger kenpo mother fuckers

IMG_4504.gif

WWWD?

-whatwouldwonderboydo-

War Heavenly Thunder Palm

edit: palm gif not working :(

Steve Jennum had me hooked. I had only started learning Muay Thai but after seeing UFC 3, I was practicing his stance until I had it down like muscle memory I just thought it was the most effective looking shit I’d ever seen. I got into wrestling, bjj, and Kempo. True story.

Back