Where would you put PRIME Chuck Liddell in today's LHW top 10?

Agent Mulder's Hair

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. DC
2. Alexander Gustafsson
3. Ryan Bader
4. Volkan Oezdemir
5. Phil Davis
6. Glover Teixiera
7. Jan Blachowicz
8. Jimi Manuwa
9. IIir Latifi
10. Misha Cirkunov

wtf happened to the lhw division?! I don't even know who half these people are!

I put PRIME Chuck just under DC. And I would love to see a prime Chuck/DC fight, that would be extremely interesting. Chuck might just beat DC, who knows? Could DC take Chuck down? Probably. Could he KEEP Chuck down? Who knows? Could he handle standing with Chuck? Who knows? Chuck hit a LOT harder than Jon Jones and had better fight iq than Rumble, so who knows?

What say you?

You're a casual

1200px-Tony_Ferguson_MMA.png

The division is a complete wasteland so he'd probably be top 5.

Which chuck are we talking about?
keith-jardine_chuck-liddell.gif

Or
f1ighu.jpg

Chuck never did particularly well against the better strikers that could stay disciplined. His hands down wild trading would get him in trouble. DC would blow him out imo. Would prob put him in the top 10 but that only because the shit show that is the LHW division these days. Don’t think he would crack top ten at MW

He'd be at number 1 contender,

He might KO DC but that would be a close fight.

If Jon Jones was back, he'd smash the piss out of any form of Chuck.

Doesn't really matter. Chuck is LHW GOAT. Jones is disqualified.

No disrespect towards the icon that is the Iceman and his stunning power. But if Anthony Rumble Johnson failed to KO DC twice.............

EG0NM.gif

DC would smash the piss out of Chuck just as badly as Jones would.

No disrespect towards the icon that is the Iceman and his stunning power. But if Anthony Rumble Johnson failed to KO DC twice.............

EG0NM.gif

Anthony is a beast and would probably crush Chuck, fold him like a cheap WWE chair.

But I think Prime Chuck was a lot more durable than Rumble...ALOT more.

DC is old man and Jones did KO him...who knows what his chin is like - Chuck could survive the first round or two and land that hammer...who knows what will happen.

People do forget how good Chuck was and how tough he was - I get it though, bro got seriously badly KOed and most people remember just that.

EG0NM.gif

Possibly. But you gotta admit, Chuck had a lot better fight iq than Rumble. And probably better footwork too. Plus Chuck NEVER folded mentally in a fight. Ever.

I think that fight would be interesting.

lol @ chuck beating gus even once if they fought 10 times

Three best strikers chuck beat were
Overeem
mezger
Belfort

And overeem and mezger both gave him a good run before the t/kos.
When I said, and even capitalized, "PRIME Chuck".....numerous times.....did you really think I meant the Chuck that fought Jardine? Did....did you really think that?
not really tbh
but the page I?
When would you say it was?

I'd put him at 3-4.

Definitely behind Jon, and DC. Possibly behind Gus. He smashes those other dudes, imo.

lol @ chuck beating gus even once if they fought 10 times
Pretty sure he'd beat Gus.

He's very overrated in my opinion - good fighter but makes some terrible mistakes, could see Chuck exploiting that...

But again, that would be a close ass fight, I'll rephrase and say Prime Chuck would be top 2 excluding the retired Rumble and banned Jon Jones.

Back